Cheap Bubinga kit

Nothing wrong with DDrum. They make some great sounding and looking drums.

Kit looks great. Don't go by what others think, give them a try and go with what you think. It has to be a sound you like. You will be hearing the most. :)

Nothing wrong with that kit, for sure! The only thing that bothers me is the size of the bass drum, but that's a matter of personal preference. Out of curiosity I wonder how much the Tama Birch/Bubinga cost? (even though they're not 100% bubinga like the Ddrum kit)

-Jonathan

if I was looking and 1G was my budget..I would not think twice...the reviews seem awesome from the drummers that own them....go for it..I would!!

I'm wondering when this 20x20 bass drum nonsense is going to stop.... ;) I think the 20x18 size is bad enough!

Seems like a good kit. 1K? I'd pick it up. Bubinga rules!

I've been using my Ludwig centennial kit as my main gigging kit for awhile. (great drums by the way -- can't go wrong with Ludwig) If I pick this kit up I'll probably end up keeping it in the studio. My setup is comprised of a kick, a floor Tom, and two snares. If I buy this kit I'll probably end up selling the rack and one floor. And about the dimensions of the kick : I've been playing with a 20x22 kick for awhile now -- I've gotten pretty good at tuning deeper kicks.

Thanks for the replies everybody!

haha bo, at my local drum shop we have a 20x20 ddrum dios bubinga (its some limited edition model, only 200 in the world) and its the biggest sounding bass drum i've heard. 22/24/26 bass drums just don't sound as good as this one.

If it sounds great, then I don't have a real problem with it. My concern of the deeper bass drum lies in the fact that you might not be able to get it through some doorways. And I remember how easy it was to get a 14x22 bass drum into a two-door car and slide into the backseat. Certainly can't do that with 18x22, let alone a 20" deep bass drum.

First off the Tama B+B kits go for 1500.00 to 1800.00 street price I think.I heard bad things for awhile about the DDrum kits,lug casings failing and such,Atlanta pro was selling the Ash kits,good/different sounding live or rock kit I thought, 5 pc with hardware and die cast hoops at about 700.00,the die casts and hardware would cost that much.As long as DDrum straightened out the lug issue,and the chrome plating holds up that bubinga kit would be a pretty good deal.

My word on the 20 plus inch bass drums is - better you than me. :)

I'll be carting - with ease - my 16x16 BD to the gig tonight.

Back