Is this cheating?

RICHY-18

if you increase the spring tension on your bass drum pedal alot, would you class it as cheating or a technique ?

some one asked me today i didnt know what to say? i said i don't know.

1. no because its just a pedal its meant to spring back

2. yes because you have a stupid amount of spring on it.

?

bit weird?!!

lol....I'm a cheater!

Thats the craziest thing I've heard of in a loooooong time. Everyone has unique leg & foot muscles and whatever setting makes you as comfortable as possible getting all those bass notes....MORE POWER TO YA!

Not if you don't get caught. But seriously, there's nothing to "cheat". If that's how you're more comfortable playing the drums then that's great, and you should do it.

lol i wasnt sure what to say, but i didnt think you could cheat lol because its your foot at the end of the day lol

it was a bit of a random question lol hahaha i dnt personally do it but i know people who do. i dont think there cheating. just preference i'd say

What about steroids? I smell a scandal.
Good thing were not in the Olympics! Oh, RICHY18, I keep my pedals tight too. I'm to lazy to pull my feet up so I let the springs do it for me.

Good thing were not in the Olympics! Oh, RICHY18, I keep my pedals tight too. I'm to lazy to pull my feet up so I let the springs do it for me.
lol
i dnt have a problem with it? i was just asking peoples opinions like?!

From this point forward, all new forum members will be required to send me blood and urine samples along with 19.95 USD for processing. Steroids and ALL other illegal substances will be screened for as well as STD testing. Once you have passed your screening, the final report will be sent to Nutha, and final email screening and ID theft background check will be certified. Nutha and the other mods will have complete and final say.

From this point forward, all new forum members will be required to send me blood and urine samples along with 19.95 USD for processing. Steroids and ALL other illegal substances will be screened for as well as STD testing. Once you have passed your screening, the final report will be sent to Nutha, and final email screening and ID theft background check will be certified. Nutha and the other mods will have complete and final say.
You forgot to leave me your address so I can send my samples to you.

Is it cheating to tilt your snare drum while you're using traditional grip for rimshots?

NO. It's the same principle. Do what you must to accommodate yourself behind the kit.

If you increase spring tension, the amount of power that is needed to push the pedal down increases, and the amount of power it takes to raise the pedal proportionally decreases. So you're doing the exact same amount of work either way.

Hello,

Adapt your drum-set to yourself and vice versa, everybody does. Ask Ian Paice, Bill Ward, Carmine Appice, they will tell you the same.
Do not care what others tell you, just follow your heart and passion on your drums!

All the Best,

Ian

Cheating? I think you need to take a trip over to the coast and clear your mind.

Back