the much awaited yammie maple custom here here!

aydee

Platinum Member
much awaited yammie maple custom UPDATE!

Here's my highly anticipated YAMAHA absolute maple nouveau in an embossed silver finish. Would have preferred a more natural finish, but just couldn't wait. I can live with this.

No, the pics arent backwards, I am. A lefty.

Also,just set it up, so please excuse the brand tags still hanging from the drums. All the cymbals aren't up either.

The dimensions are: 22", 16",14",12",10",8" , PEARL chad Smith sig. snare, very dry n crisp, just the way I like it.

PEARL eliminators chain drive double pedals ( also use DW 5000s as backups )

Cymbals are:

13" A-CUSTOM hats, 20" K special dry ride, 16" A-CUSTOM fast crash, 14" A-CUSTOM fast crash, 17" PAISTE 2002 crash ride, 16" ZILDJIAN crash, 8" and 6" ZILDIJIAN splashes, 16" ZILDJIAN China Boy

Closing the show is the other love of my life, Leo!

Let me know what you all think

whatcha think,Clint?

Will update with all the cymbals soon
kit ovrhed.jpg

lw angl.jpg

right vw.jpg

lft sd vw.jpg

cu frnt.jpg

cu tom.jpg

flr toms.jpg

cu ride.jpg

acustoms.jpg

kit n leo.jpg

Last edited:
Nice dog.

And the kit is even better.

Looks really comfy - even though Im a righty.

Beautiful kit! How do you like the Nouveau lugs? I don't know a lot about them, is the idea that you can remove/replace heads w/o having to take the rods out?

I tried that special dry ride at a local shop the other day...great tone but it had a little too much wash for my tastes - it's a beautiful cymbal, regardless.

Your mutt is great, too!

Glad to see you got your long awaited prize!

And verrry nice. I've been in love with maple customs since I heard them being played by the funk masters. Unique finish as well, enjoy.

thanks much. I play a lot of funk myself and the kit sounds good. a lot of tone, separation,.. the 8 sings, and the kick is the meatiest i 've heard n that includes a few DWs

Beautiful kit! How do you like the Nouveau lugs? I don't know a lot about them, is the idea that you can remove/replace heads w/o having to take the rods out?

I tried that special dry ride at a local shop the other day...great tone but it had a little too much wash for my tastes - it's a beautiful cymbal, regardless.

Your mutt is great, too!

You know, i'm not sure about the lugs. They come on & off faster than you can say Dave weckl and are extremely responsive from a tuning stand point, and thats whats great about them. On the bass drum, they are a pain because they all hang on to the hoop once you've undone them, n fall all over the place. Got to be careful not to lose one during a bass head change

Awesome. welcome to the Yam Custom world. The Nouveau lugs are nice but be advised, get a few extra and the plastic grommets too. One of the grommets broke on my snare and the lug was rendered useless. Thank god I had a spare. Oh the grommet is a plastic spacer on the interior side of the nouveau lug, it just pops out with a screwdriver and can be replaced easily.

Enjoy, be well.

I wanted to suggest the head combo of E2 coated batter and clear Remo ambassador for the resonant.

Dude that looks really cool. I love the finish, its really interesting.

Awsome drums, Awsome cymbals, Awsome pedals.

Awesome. welcome to the Yam Custom world. The Nouveau lugs are nice but be advised, get a few extra and the plastic grommets too. One of the grommets broke on my snare and the lug was rendered useless. Thank god I had a spare. Oh the grommet is a plastic spacer on the interior side of the nouveau lug, it just pops out with a screwdriver and can be replaced easily.

Enjoy, be well.

I wanted to suggest the head combo of E2 coated batter and clear Remo ambassador for the resonant.

hey, thanks, will make a note of that. wanted to ask...by e2 , you mean the evans ec2 ? also i've got the Evans g2s on the 14 and 16. Does you head combo work on small &large sized drums?

man, that is one KILLER finish you got there! It really blows me away, I have never seen anything like it. Great man, have a great time playing those drums :)

dude i dig the finish. the kit looks like a beast. im sure it would sound like one as well. congrats

Dirty lefty! haha, nice drums dude. that finish is nuts. Another pearl pedal player. they are pretty nuts as well. What cams are you using?

Dirty lefty! haha, nice drums dude. that finish is nuts. Another pearl pedal player. they are pretty nuts as well. What cams are you using?

Could'nt REALLY tell the difference except with the reds, which were too fast. the original blacks felt good, but am using the larger white cam because i feel it has a faster rebound of the head. real cool pedals, tho. Was playing the DW 5000s and was pretty happy with them,...... till i tried these

Sweet kit, aydee. That finish is really cool. Yamaha makes such a well-crafted kit. You chose wisely. I play MCA's with g2 coated over g1 clear in case you were wondering. Again, beautiful set of drums. Congratulations.

Sweet kit, aydee. That finish is really cool. Yamaha makes such a well-crafted kit. You chose wisely. I play MCA's with g2 coated over g1 clear in case you were wondering. Again, beautiful set of drums. Congratulations.

Thanks! And saw yours...NOW THATS A FINISH! thats more like what i was hoping for , but i was getting a good deal on the embossed silver. I'm growing to like it , and they sound great so i'm happy. Love the way you've set up your drums. the toms are nice and low and at good angles. The cymbals are awesome too! Bet the g2s over g1s work real well. I tried the Ec2 over g1s for the 8,10, and 12, which seems to work a little nicer for me.

Enjoy your awesome kit!

whats that snare?

off topic- whats your handicap?

Thanks! And saw yours...NOW THATS A FINISH! thats more like what i was hoping for , but i was getting a good deal on the embossed silver. I'm growing to like it , and they sound great so i'm happy. Love the way you've set up your drums. the toms are nice and low and at good angles. The cymbals are awesome too! Bet the g2s over g1s work real well. I tried the Ec2 over g1s for the 8,10, and 12, which seems to work a little nicer for me.

Enjoy your awesome kit!

whats that snare?

off topic- whats your handicap?

Aydee, thank you very much for the compliments on my kit -- and my finish (it's brown fade). You know, I used to play 1 up and 2 down and was very satisfied with my fills and tempo. But, since I added that second rack tom, I must admit, my left hand is more involved now and my fills are more musical (if that makes any sense ..). The snare is a 5.5x14 maple custom (by Yamaha) in natural finish. The thing has incredible crack and tone. Honestly, your finish is beautiful and unique. It looks great and is classy.
I'm a 8 to 9 handicap ..... Thanks, again, for the kind words.

[QUOTE he snare is a 5.5x14 maple custom (by Yamaha)

Thats next on my shopping list. I tried it at Mannys in NYC, but had already bought the Pearl Chad Smith the week before...

Back