SONOR

Sonor have a longer, more renowned name. DW are only a few decades old, Sonor stretches back into a far longer, over a century of drum making tradition.

I have heard great things and minimal negatives about the Sonor 3005s, the only negatives referred occasionally to hardware, but the sound is what you are looking for! And that aspect is superb.

On the other hand, I have seen plenty of bad wraps about PDP (Nice pun, aye?) as well as faulty bearing edges. Thats enough to keep me away. Not to mention DW's complete ignorance of the 'low mass lug' trend these days. For some reason they think 20 pound of lugs and gaskets improves a drum? Hah!

Go the sonor, in no way will you be disappointed.

Sonor have a longer, more renowned name. DW are only a few decades old, Sonor stretches back into a far longer, over a century of drum making tradition.

I have heard great things and minimal negatives about the Sonor 3005s, the only negatives referred occasionally to hardware, but the sound is what you are looking for! And that aspect is superb.

On the other hand, I have seen plenty of bad wraps about PDP (Nice pun, aye?) as well as faulty bearing edges. Thats enough to keep me away. Not to mention DW's complete ignorance of the 'low mass lug' trend these days. For some reason they think 20 pound of lugs and gaskets improves a drum? Hah!

Go the sonor, in no way will you be disappointed.

man.....DW have a renowned name....DWs are great kits....over-priced and overhyped,theyre still great kits.....BUT what were discussing here are the DW PDPS.....the PDPs are the bastard sons of DW...theyre the scruffy, no-good bums who come from the highly esteemed family that is DW.....

PDPs are poorly constructed, and yes make OK beginner kits....but thats really about it...

Sonors are just purely beautiful drums....go on you know you want to!(you wont buy another kit in 3 years if oyu buy a sonor...i at this moment in time have a Sonor Force 2005, which is a lower down model than the 3005, and its been through 2 owners and being played constantly for about 5 years or so(i think)......it still sounds beautiful....

If you all like the Sonor 3005's you should see the 3007's with the new hardware, Canadian Rock Maple for the inner and outer plies, thicker shells, new hardware, more isolating gaskets, rubber lining under the claws to protect the hoops. and the list goes on.

They are BEAUTIFUL!

I was going to get a Pearl Masters but I actually decided to go with a 24x17.5, 13x10, 16x16, 18x16, 14x5.5 steel snare Force 3007 in Midnight fade. I already have the 400 series pack from my previous 3005 kit. BAD ASS DRUMS!!!

Today was one of the most happy days of my life (im sure your understand). I received my sonor force 2007 all birch drums in blue fade.... Amazing drums! lucky enough i have a supplier here in england that was happy to customise a kit for me.

I got 2 22x17.5 bassdrums 10x8 12x9 high toms 14x14 16x16 floor toms. 2 400 series boom stands (heard the 200 series stands that comes with the 2007 are not all that) tom arms & mount put onto boom stand so cymbals can come of bassdrums (200 series but these are fine) No pedals or hihat or snare stand as i have them already. cost me just over £800!!!!

Stuck aquarian superkick 2's straight on bassdrums (great) but waiting for super 2's for toms... Still thought it sounded great! the paint job is just outstanding for price as is everything else. S**ts all over the pearls & tama's etc... in this price range!

only thing i could say thats not even a negative is the legs on bassdrum are a bit strange to me. As i like the front lifting up slightly its a bit more difficult to make both sides the same but im sure i will get used to it but love the way they fold in.

Ive had a pearl export in 2003 & it was ok. I recently had ddrum diablo (pants) I practice on tama superstar at my local rehearsal studio & there good drums. But these are just fantastic drums. There in another league! Well done sonor i feel like i own a top of the range kit because in my eyes it basicly is!

Beware with the 2007 hardware though anybody thinking of getting one. Just get the shell pack & buy 400 series (amazing) I hear the pedals & hihat stand have plastic pedals on the 200's & thats not good. Even better though go iron cobra like mine ;o)

Hi,
I really wonder if it has ever been made a Sonor rosewood shell.
Do you know something about this?

Thank you!

Back