My favorite production snares

Nodiggie

Gold Member
Was waiting for a sunny day to take these photos. Yesterday I installed a Trick throw on the 13" (LH photo). I scored it from a music store a year ago in July $149.00 bucks. I really didn't have the cash but couldn't pass since I had the 6x12 (RH photo) and simply fell in love with the Musashi Oak snare. The 6.5x13 is a beast and in the words of HC "cracks like a .357" haha. My next mission is to call Jody at Stellar and complete the Evil Twin transformation to match the 12". I realize Stellar hoops are a costly overkill addition to a "production" snare but I think they compliment this model's uniqueness.

Attachments

• Musashi Twins.jpg
    Musashi Twins.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 385
Nice pair of snares Nodiggie! Is that a diecast hoop on top of the 13"? I have the 6.5x13 Musashi myself. Great snare for its price point, definitely a keeper. I wish I could find the black groove wedge that comes stock on the 12" for it.

Thanks.
Yes, you caught the diecast, haha. I heard they don't sell the groove wedge separate. I haven't tried looking but would be very cool to have.

Thanks.
Yes, you caught the diecast, haha. I heard they don't sell the groove wedge separate. I haven't tried looking but would be very cool to have.

In an email reply from Yamaha I was told they don't sell it separate (black anyway). I might have to pick up a 12" Musashi to get one.

The Musashi is one of the best purchases I ever made. I use it every day. The only issue I've had with mine (other than the terrible strainer, that has since been replaced) is the tension rods backing out under heavy playing. Great snare.

Back