New guy, here's my Reference

heshben

Hi all, I just registered here so I thought I would start off by posting photos of my kit. I'm not that good at taking photos so bear with me. It is a Pearl Reference in Root Beer Fade.

10x8, 12x9, 14x11 and 20x16 kick
14x5.5 maple Masters Customs Snare
20" Sabian AA Ride
14" Zildjian New beats
12" Zildjian A Splash
16" Sabian AA Crash
17" Zidljian A Crash

Ben089.jpg

Ben090.jpg

Ben096.jpg

Ben095.jpg

Ben091.jpg

100_0944.jpg

I'm really beginning to love the look of a fiberskin reso head on a bass drum. How does it sound?

It really opened up the kick alot. The kick being 20" it obviously had a lot of punch, but I think the stock reso and Super Kick II had too much muffling. It sounds so much bigger now too.

Beauty! I recently picked up a Reference kit (Granite Sparkle) and I'm convinced these are the best drums on the market, today.

The bass drum just *plows* through anything and the tone of these drums is incredibly sweet.

I'm inspired to get a Fiberskyn for my kick now.

Great gear! Enjoy!

Damn son... cleeeean! She's a real beauty. I like the cymbals setup as well, looks like you don't need to reach too far. Although I'm curious about your rack toms. Does it feel odd at all when doing a steady roll from snare down all of the toms? Seems like you'd have to go left and then cut right quick. Very nice though.

Damn son... cleeeean! She's a real beauty. I like the cymbals setup as well, looks like you don't need to reach too far. Although I'm curious about your rack toms. Does it feel odd at all when doing a steady roll from snare down all of the toms? Seems like you'd have to go left and then cut right quick. Very nice though.

I actually never got too used to that, so this weekend I was able to tighten everything up a bit and now the 12" is over the kick more.

Nice Kit Mate, love the Bass drum head too, got Fybers on my old Gretsch, Great choice.
Enjoy you time here at the forum.

Back