Massive Update! Tambure Stave Opera

Bonzo_88

Well, it's been nearl 3 years since i first posted my kit, and i thought i should update and show you all the new goodies i have accumulated!

Drums:
Tamburo Stave Opera
22X18
15X15
13X13
12X11 (not pictured)
10X9
8X7
14X5.5

Cymbals (left to right):
14" TRX Dark Hi-Hats
18" Zildjian A Custom Projection Crash
18" Zildjian A Custom Fast Crash
20" TRX Dark Ride
20" Sabian Paragon Crash
20" Zildjian K Custom China
16" Bosphorous Medium Crash (not pictured)
17" Paiste 2002 Thin Crash (not pictured)
22" Paiste 2002 Power Ride (not pictured)
10" Meinl Classics Bell (not pictured)

Hardware:
DW 5000 Hi-Hat Stand
Yamaha Flying Dragon Double Pedal
Mapex, Sonor, Yamaha and Tama Stands
Roc'n'soc throne

Also not pictured, Mandala Drum Pad (pic will come tomorow!)

Attachments

• Drum side full.jpg
    Drum side full.jpg
    761.8 KB · Views: 643
  • drum kit behind.jpg
    drum kit behind.jpg
    765.3 KB · Views: 629
i got a question about those, is the inside smoothed round and the outside is rigid for looks, or is the whole shell rigid like the outside? BTW there beatutiful

that is a wicked looking set up!!

actually it looks inspired by Todd Sucherman, i love it!!!

very unusual floor tom sizes, i love how unique those are!

-Jonathan

Hey bonzo, you got a great looking kit looks like loads of fun to jam on, conrgats on the new stuff their really isnt a better feeling, and how do you like the trx drk cymbals, enjoy.

that set up looks really comfy to play, and you have flying dragons, tried them over my tutor's place they were awesome

i got a question about those, is the inside smoothed round and the outside is rigid for looks, or is the whole shell rigid like the outside? BTW there beatutiful

The whole shell is rigid, think of it like a barrel is constructed, vetical planks. And cheers, they are beautiful!

that is a wicked looking set up!!

actually it looks inspired by Todd Sucherman, i love it!!!

very unusual floor tom sizes, i love how unique those are!

-Jonathan

Cheers dude! More so inspired by Danny Carey to be honest.

Hey bonzo, you got a great looking kit looks like loads of fun to jam on, conrgats on the new stuff their really isnt a better feeling, and how do you like the trx drk cymbals, enjoy.

It's great to play!

The TRX Dark are brilliant, they are aimed towards Jazz players, but i use them for prog and hard rock etc. They sound wonderfull, and they are relatively cheap! Which is a bonus!

Hey man i'm going to take a wild guess and say you bought those TRX cymbals from repercussions, am i right? lol. I love the setup and once i decide to spend some more money on my drums i'm probably going to get some turks myself. Also the TRX dark are not brilliant, the BRT are the brilliant ones :p

Last edited:
Hey man i'm going to take a wild guess and say you bought those TRX cymbals from repercussions, am i right? lol. I love the setup and once i decide to spend some more money on my drums i'm probably going to get some turks myself. Also the TRX dark are not brilliant, the BRT are the brilliant ones :p

I did indeed! Go for it man, you won't regret it!

Yes that is true, although playing them in the shop i didn't like the BRT's or the ALT's to be fair, they were all really high pitched, great for cutting through the sound, but i just play the Darks's harder!

I did indeed! Go for it man, you won't regret it!

Yes that is true, although playing them in the shop i didn't like the BRT's or the ALT's to be fair, they were all really high pitched, great for cutting through the sound, but i just play the Darks's harder!

I'm probably going to go for BRTs and alts because i like that bright cutting treble you get. I can see the merits of a nice dark sounding cymbal though too and it's cool that you can use them for heavier music as well. Have you checked out druid's kit on here? That's quite cool with all his dark cymbals too.

I'm probably going to go for BRTs and alts because i like that bright cutting treble you get. I can see the merits of a nice dark sounding cymbal though too and it's cool that you can use them for heavier music as well. Have you checked out druid's kit on here? That's quite cool with all his dark cymbals too.

Nah man, i'll go look for it now.

I found out my mate who lives in hull bought himself a trx dark crash at drumfest or something, i'll have to go round and see if it's any good.

Shit! Completely meant to g to that aswell yesterday! Damn, forgot. Still I had a nice roast dinner which makes up for it!

Andd cool man, i love my hats and ride, but wasn't a fan of the crashs

wow...

that set up is like pretty much exactly how id want my drum kit - maybe another snare (except for a monster kit :D )

it looks so comfy. ... im actually loving this kit, and i dont know why :D

whats the retail on a kit like that? looking for something new myself :p

wow...

that set up is like pretty much exactly how id want my drum kit - maybe another snare (except for a monster kit :D )

it looks so comfy. ... im actually loving this kit, and i dont know why :D

whats the retail on a kit like that? looking for something new myself :p

On a kit like this? Hmmm.... Good question. My guess well in excess of about £2500. I'm not positive, but this kit is the top end of Tamburo drums, hand crafted by the founder of Tamburo.

But hey, you want to make me an offer? lol!

Back