My Album is now available everywhere - Also, hello again

Jonathan Curtis

Silver Member
Hi all,

Firstly, hello again. I have been absent for a long time whilst working on my album. Some of you may have seen my YouTube channel; my Chaffee videos seems to be especially popular, and I shall be starting this up again shortly.

I wanted to let you all know that my album is now finished and released digitally everywhere. I will also be taking delivery of the physical CDs in the next week or so, in preparation of worldwide physical distribution.

The album is entitled 'Carousel', by the Jonathan Curtis Eclectic Band (that's me). I wrote all of the material myself, and recorded it throughout 2014 with the help of some session musicians/friends of mine. It is what I consider to be jazz-fusion, ranging from pure bebop, through to progressive fusion.

Onto the links:

I would really appreciate you giving this a listen (and of course, purchasing it if you like it), and letting me know what you think. Even if you decide not to buy it, please consider sharing it with people you know who may be interested.

It is also on Spotify, and can be streamed for free on the bandcamp page listed above.

Thanks guys, and hope to be active in the community again, now that this is finished.

Jonathan

Jonathan, I love it, and it's downloading as I type.

Good luck with it!

Also downloading at my desk at work. Have to support a forum brother. Good luck.

I really hope you enjoy listening to the album as much as I enjoyed making it. I'd love to hear your feedback once you've given it a proper listen.

Well, let me revise my previous opinion:

I really really REALLY love it. Your drumming is a delight to the ear: there's so much there, yet it's never overpowering. I'd give anything to be able to play like that!

You're playing with some very talented musicians, in my opinion. The whole thing works beautifully, the feel is so natural and joyful - a real pleasure to listen to, although I think your keyboard player deserves a special mention in dispatches.

Pulsar is my favourite track. A few seconds in, I caught myself smiling and actually exclaimed "Hah!" with sheer delight. That doesn't happen very often, I can assure you!

Absolutely fantastic stuff, Jonathan, thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to enjoy it.

As an aside, it's rediculously simple to tell the difference between "thinly veiled marketing" and a forum member who wants to share a venture.

I liked it. I bought it. But I have two criticisms.
First, and I hope I state this properly since I don't write, the chord progressions seem to have a repetitive pattern to them even over different songs. Maybe that is your style. Secondly I think the sax player needs help and for my money brought the band down. Just not skilled enough. Neither will stop me from listening to the album. Thanks

Thank you so much for the support.

Gruntersdad, thanks for your feedback, very interesting indeed.

Regarding chord progressions, I can understand what you mean; I feel my writing is quite thematic on a number of songs. It will be interesting to see how future compositions turn out.

I'm not sure I agree with you about he sax player, although you are of course entitled to believe that. I should say in his defence that these studio sessions were all done with no prior rehearsal. As they were all session players, we literally did arrive on the day and play the chart. Still, I shall note your feedback.

Thanks again for the support.

Fair enough. Not having played the parts enough would have the same effect as not being skilled. Time will make it all better.

Really nice stuff.

I especially like "There the Antic Sits". Everything sits right in the zone there.
"Pulsars" pretty cool too, and I think the sax player does a nice job on both.
Fine drumming too - well done.

I'm happy to report that my physical CDs are now available. It's really exciting to see this all come together.

10410766_650161895101251_8392207152747083659_n.jpg

Oh gosh, that must be one hell of a good feeling! Best of luck with it!

Back