Efrain Toro

ChipJohns

I was just blown away by this guy..

I am in the instructional design/ educational industry and have done my fair share of time at the podium.

This guy is the coolest instructor I have ever seen! Granted I only watched the free (first) lesson. (going out of town, but when I get back I am going to watch the rest of it.

this guy is really cool. Talk about taking you back to the basics of rhythm! You gotta listen to this.. I can't wait until I have the time to listen to the entire course...

Did I mention that I really like this guy? !!! http://www.drumchannel.com/School/Class/46/Detail.aspx

Efrain is a wonderful man. He is an incredible percussionist but he is so much more. He is passionate, incredibly smart and one of the most spiritually enlightened people I have ever met. I am sure he is a great teacher. I am sitting on a panel with him at the LAMA Drummer's reality camp in Pasadena at the end of June and it will be great to see him again.

Paul

Amazing musician. Sadly he alongside many others is not one mentioned much by drummers caught in the time loop of Bonham and Smith. Hopefully one day these guys will find people such as Efrain. But don't hold your breath!

He is truly amazing at what HE does. Too bad what he does is not functional in the realm of ensemble playing.

He will never be mentioned in the same breath as the other drummers, because he has a different perspective. It's interesting and inspiring, but to play with someone who's musical focus is always about how "they" can be more creative, is something that's undesired in a band situation.

He is truly amazing at what HE does. Too bad what he does is not functional in the realm of ensemble playing.

Really. I was unaware this is his attitude.

Living in far off Australia I am often ignorant. Par for the course really. :)

This was a great video, thanks for sharing! I've personally never heard of him, but he seems like a very educated man.

Drummers in ensembles need to play for the ensemble. Efrain plays for himself. There is a fine balance there with drummers who carefully play creatively within the music. There's only a handful of greats with this skill. They work the most.

Efrain, does not only play solo: you can find his recordings in several places and he is a great accompanist. Check out his work with Terry Bozzio at the 2008 Buddy Rich memorial Concert.

Efrain is a wonderful man. He is an incredible percussionist but he is so much more. He is passionate, incredibly smart and one of the most spiritually enlightened people I have ever met. I am sure he is a great teacher. I am sitting on a panel with him at the LAMA Drummer's reality camp in Pasadena at the end of June and it will be great to see him again.

Paul

Thanks Paul.. Please tell him he has one more fan..! @:)

Back