Mapex Meridian Birch

PXH_Blackmagic

Hi all, I have just recently purchased a new kit for my self! I managed to track a bit of a bargain down on a Meridian Birch kit and matched it with a second bargain, a set of Zildjan A Custom Rezo's.

I am yet to dial them in tuning wise, but the Zildgin Rezo's are superb, as you play the ride it gets sweeter and sweeter the more you hit it absolutely spot on for my self! I cant wait to use the kit in anger

Simon

Nice looking kit. What's going on with that bigger floor tom? You've got the head mounted on it with what looks like an oversized hoop, sort of like a gong tom.

Just curious.

WOW! Nice kit, man! Looks absolutely beautiful. Congrats!

I own a Meridian Birch with Zildjian cymbals myself, you have good taste! Haha. :p

PS: I love how you positioned your kit so you can watch tv while playing. Haha. :D

Enjoy those drums, man. Cheers!

What's going on with that bigger floor tom? You've got the head mounted on it with what looks like an oversized hoop, sort of like a gong tom.

mmm.. to me it looks as there is no head on that drum, just the hoop resting on the lugs. :)

Cheers.

EDIT: ?uesto posted faster than me, haha.

mmm.. to me it looks as there is no head on that drum, just the hoop resting on the lugs. :)

yeah that makes sense I didn't look closely enough

yeah that makes sense I didn't look closely enough

Sorry for the bad spelling guys!, In deed well spotted about the 16" floor tom, the skins did not turn up with the drum when it arrived! fortunately all fixed now though! The drum company (serves a lot of touring bands in the UK) think they were packed in with Blondies kit! as that was the only other kit that was dispatched with a 16" floor tom!

They unfortunately stuffed up a few other things, I ordered a DW 3000 double pedal, but a single pedal turned up! fortunately they dispatched the incorrect and missing bits the next day along with a load of free stuff which went down rather well! top notch customer service!

A great side effect has been that as soon as the kit turned up, my wife has showed an interest in playing lol! so I have now equipped her with a practice pad and a few rudiments to learn! I will have to see how she has gotten on when I get get back from being away on business!

Beautiful kit, i bought the same one a few months back.

img00978201107101111.jpg

img00967201107011549.jpg

img00966201107011548.jpg

img00965201107011547.jpg

The ZBTs will be gone soon once i get my new cymbals.

I would love to rock a second floor tom, im trying to find one!

Back