Monster snares monster deals

Evilbagua

Silver Member
I went to meet up with a guy selling a 60's? 15x12 gold sparkle re-ring 8 lug Ludwig small keystone badge marcher for 60$ off CraigsList. I mostly bought it because it came with an extra hoop I needed for another project. The guy showed up and also had a large keystone 80's? 14x12, 12 lug Ludwig marcher. I didn't plan on buying both, but he said if I wanted to pay 90$ he'd give me both. How could I pass that up??? Both drums need strainers but are in awesome like 9 out of 10 shape. I have a 15x12 12 lug ludwig and 14x12 Pearl maple snare already, but now I'll have a 15 with gutwires and a 15 with standard wires and a 14 gutwires and another standard. Nice to have choices :) I find these to be HUUUUUUGE sounding, the only way to come close is to imagine a 14x8 on steroids. I tune them tight, but they still sound so full I'm guessing due to the massive amount of air moving inside them. The perfect doom metal snares to go along with my 28 and 26 kicks.

Attachments

• dw15.JPG
    dw15.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 568
  • dw14.JPG
    dw14.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 448
Holy low end Batman! That's officially what my friend that owned a music store in Tucson would call a "Stupid Deal".

I really dig that glitter wrap on that guy. I've been thinking about getting a 15" snare because my drum guy just doesn't hate me enough for all these crazy projects I come up with.

Again, you need to shoot a video with your kit set up 14-15-18-22 and the 28" kicker so I can watch it whenever I'm blue. It'd bring a smile to everyone's face.

Almost done with my 14x10 snare project. It's gonna be a friggn cannon that sends the little AZ hipsters running in fear from it. Any suggestions for what wires to put on it?

Oddly enough I don't own a 10" deep snare. for bigger depths I have 8, 9 and 12. I like to run standard 1ply heads on the larger depth drums and usually a 30-42 strand on the bottom depending how much snare sound I want. I like it to sound crisp like a smaller cutting snare but still be HUGE sounding. Nothing quite like 15 honestly. I love it and they look super cool in my book.

I thought I'd post this pic showing 10 of my 12 snares. Missing is the 15x12 60's gold sparkle and my 80's Keller pearl. Good size comp too on the 12" deep drums, They take 1/2 a love seat up each!

L to R
Top 15x12 Ludwig , 14x12 Ludwig 12 lugs.
Pearl 13x9, Pearl VP 14x8, Acrolite, 14x 3 1/2 Brass, 14x5.5 Ludwig Bronze, 14x6 Piglite Clear, 14x6.5 Gretsch Club Rock White nitron swirl, 14x5 PGL Maple with Brass hardware/hoops.

Attachments

• dwsnares10.JPG
    dwsnares10.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 333
  • dwsnaresleft.JPG
    dwsnaresleft.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 328
  • dwsnareright.JPG
    dwsnareright.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 315
Back