Yamaha Drums

They are pricing like that because it is a debut product... that just landed.

The prices will come down right away I would guess.

You just have to be a serious buyer and keep pointing at the China on the badge.

They are pricing like that because it is a debut product... that just landed.

The prices will come down right away I would guess.

You just have to be a serious buyer and keep pointing at the China on the badge.

I would never be a serious buyer on any line of drums over $2000 as much as I like the looks this high end of a drum will only come used for me at least. Not that there not for someone else but I like to let someone take the brunt of that bill first. Like cymbals there's to many nice used kits someone already paid half the bill for you.

...it will be interesting to see if yamaha can indeed establish a new (premium) price point for pro kits coming out of china factories...

...yamaha intimates that its china factory is wholly owned, tho in earlier literature revealed that its china factory was merely a joint venture arrangement (tho yamaha could have acquired full control recently)...

I don't get this pricing at all. Seriously, I don't think I have seen any Yamaha kit priced this high, except the Phx. Didn't Yamaha state in one of the NAMM videos the new prices would be 30% lower than the MIJ prices?

I don't get this pricing at all. Seriously, I don't think I have seen any Yamaha kit priced this high, except the Phx. Didn't Yamaha state in one of the NAMM videos the new prices would be 30% lower than the MIJ prices?

Total agree don't remember hearing about a 30% price break on anything but with the stages staying the same with upgrades and Live customs being cheaper to start then Oaks I just figured price would be around &2500 for a 5 piece. Disappointed

This thread needs a bump, so here's a teaser for ya'll. More to come...maybe in a week...

Attachments

• MCA12c.JPG
    MCA12c.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 765
Hmmmm...think I just saw this on Ebay. Did you get it????

Darn, I wanted it to be a surprise. Yeah, I did get them. The kit is MCA 12,14,22. I just wanted the 14 and 22, to complete a Cherrywood kit I've been working on. I already have 8 10 12 in BCA. They wouldn't break it up, but they pulled it off of eBay and gave me a better deal. This will be a cool kit, with birch racks and maple floor and kick. Also, the kick is a 16x22, which is what I was looking for. Most of the MCA 22's I've seen are 18x22, and I have a couple of that size in other kits. I haven't bought any brand spankin new Yamahas since 1986, so I'm pumped.

I'll end up with two 12's, so the new one will most likely be sold. Don't need 2 of them. I thought this might be a once in a lifetime chance to get some new MIJ MCA's, so I just couldn't resist. And the price was good for new.

Last edited:
Darn, I wanted it to be a surprise. Yeah, I did get them. The kit is MCA 12,14,22. I just wanted the 14 and 22, to complete a Cherrywood kit I've been working on. I already have 8 10 12 in BCA. They wouldn't break it up, but they pulled it off of eBay and gave me a better deal. This will be a cool kit, with birch racks and maple floor and kick. Also, the kick is a 16x22, which is what I was looking for. Most of the MCA 22's I've seen are 18x22, and I have a couple of that size in other kits. I haven't bought any brand spankin new Yamahas since 1986, so I'm pumped.

I'll end up with two 12's, so the new one will most likely be sold. Don't need 2 of them. I thought this might be a once in a lifetime chance to get some new MIJ MCA's, so I just couldn't resist. And the price was good for new.

That will be a killer set up congrats

Congrats!..Cherrywood is a beautiful finish..when I bought my BCA's back in the early 2000's, that was the only finish I would consider for it...classic Yamaha finish! ...

Congrats!..Cherrywood is a beautiful finish..when I bought my BCA's back in the early 2000's, that was the only finish I would consider for it...classic Yamaha finish! ...

Thanks, totally agree. Another reason I decided to go for them. I always wanted a Cherrywood RC kit, but whenever I was buying, there weren't any around. I have my classic Piano Black, and now I'll have my classic Cherrywood.

By the way, if anyone is interested, the same seller has listed another MCA like mine, but with virgin 18x22: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Mapl.../161277388319?pt=US_Drums&hash=item258ce1a61f

I always wanted a Cherrywood RC kit, but whenever I was buying, there weren't any around.

Odd that, because when I was a kid, it was tough to find a drummer without one. Even rarer to find a drummer without a Weckl mullet:)

The RC's were so common my drum teacher once joked "whats a yamaha 9000 and a clitoris got in common….? Every c***'s got one!"

Sounds like it'll be a neat set.
I kinda' toyed with the idea of an oak bass drum with maple toms for a while.
Mix and match wood types are kind of appealing - especially if the finish is the same.
Looking forward to seeing it.

Ah, sorry to let the cat out of the bag brother! I have a MCA Cherrywood shell bank and these are great drums, truly timeless. Congratulations!

Thanks, totally agree. Another reason I decided to go for them. I always wanted a Cherrywood RC kit, but whenever I was buying, there weren't any around. I have my classic Piano Black, and now I'll have my classic Cherrywood.

By the way, if anyone is interested, the same seller has listed another MCA like mine, but with virgin 18x22: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Mapl.../161277388319?pt=US_Drums&hash=item258ce1a61f

Hey Bruce, nice score! I've seen those on 'the bay' . I'm kinda jealous, my Cherry wood BCA kit got cancelled by the seller:(
That's a great way to complete your BCA orphans. Birch in smaller sizes with Maple in the bigger toms and kick....and having a 12" option of either wood = very versatile kit! Plus they're cherry wood!! Did I mention I'm jealous?

Neal

Hey Bruce, nice score! I've seen those on 'the bay' . I'm kinda jealous, my Cherry wood BCA kit got cancelled by the seller:(
That's a great way to complete your BCA orphans. Birch in smaller sizes with Maple in the bigger toms and kick....and having a 12" option of either wood = very versatile kit! Plus they're cherry wood!! Did I mention I'm jealous?

Neal

Thanks, Neal. Yeah this could actually be the ideal kit - the elusive birch toms and maple kick. I've seen so many great Yamaha kits for sale lately. It was tough to decide which to go for. But, the prospect of getting new MCA's to match the BCA toms was the clincher. These would be among the last new MCA's sold ever. I just couldn't pass that up.

How could you possibly be jealous? You have your share of goodies :)

Ah, sorry to let the cat out of the bag brother! I have a MCA Cherrywood shell bank and these are great drums, truly timeless. Congratulations!

Thanks. No problem, I just thought I'd string it out a bit. Wow, MCA shell bank? Dare I ask, what all you have?

Sounds like it'll be a neat set.
I kinda' toyed with the idea of an oak bass drum with maple toms for a while.
Mix and match wood types are kind of appealing - especially if the finish is the same.
Looking forward to seeing it.

I'll be sure and post pics as soon as I have them. Looking forward to the brown truck bringing those Yamaha boxes. Been 28 years since my last time! I thought of using the BCA toms with my Oak 20" kick. The finish isn't all that different. But, I'm more into 22" kicks lately and I just couldn't pass the MCA's up. I felt like 'it was now or never,' for sure.

Odd that, because when I was a kid, it was tough to find a drummer without one. Even rarer to find a drummer without a Weckl mullet:)

The RC's were so common my drum teacher once joked "whats a yamaha 9000 and a clitoris got in common….? Every c***'s got one!"

Well, it was a timing thing for me. I bought my first early RC kits used, in the days before the internet. I had to resort to buying them out of the newspaper classifieds, back in the day, so choices were limited. I did order a new RC kit in 1986 and could have gone with Cherrywood. But, a friend of mine had a Hot Red RC snare. I fell in love with that color and ended up ordering that. I played that kit for a solid 15 years. But, I always did pine for Cherrywood. Now, I'l have one.

Thanks, Neal. Yeah this could actually be the ideal kit - the elusive birch toms and maple kick. I've seen so many great Yamaha kits for sale lately. It was tough to decide which to go for. But, the prospect of getting new MCA's to match the BCA toms was the clincher. These would be among the last new MCA's sold ever. I just couldn't pass that up.

How could you possibly be jealous? You have your share of goodies :)

Yeah, you're right. I have plenty for sure - I just want a full sized kit Yamaha in Cherrywood. (I have two RM Hipgig kits in Cherrywood)

Or in Embossed Green. Are there any Embossed Green Yamaha kits out there for sale?
Actually wait, no - I can't afford another kit right now :(
Seriously though - if anyone knows of an Embossed Green or Embossed Silver kit for sale, please let me know !!

Neal

Back