DW mini pro + Sabian HHX/Vault and Zildjian Avedis

jazz-drummer-tim

Hi everyone heres some pictures of my kit+cymbals
it's a DW mini Pro, one of their speciality kits, sounds great with or without the stockheads, however the miniature 6000 series hardware that you get with it i reckon is just way to small, so i bought som new gear which was bigger and sturdier.
the kit is great for playing jazz/funk and similar styles

the specs:
DW mini pro (colour=royal onyx)
sizes:
14x16” bass drum
6x10” rack tom
9x13” floor tom
5x12” wood snare

hardware:
DW 4000 bass drum pedal
DW 9500 Hi Hat
DW 9799 Dual Straight/Boom Cymbal Stand
DW 9303 Piccolo Snare Stand
DW 5710 Straight cymbal stand

cymbals:
Sabian 13" HHX Groove hats(brilliant finish)
Sabian 10" HHX Evolution splash
Zildjian 16" Avedis crash (from the 80's?) sadly this cymbal just cracked during practice, which was a great dissapointment to me.
Sabian 17" Vault crash
Sabian 21" HHX Groove ride (brilliant finish)

Attachments

• 0040KLEIN.jpg
    0040KLEIN.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 13,504
  • 0045KLEIN.jpg
    0045KLEIN.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 13,685
  • 1874KLEIN.jpg
    1874KLEIN.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 10,955
  • 1876KLEIN.jpg
    1876KLEIN.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 14,266
  • 1867KLEIN.jpg
    1867KLEIN.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 11,297
  • 1860KLEIN.jpg
    1860KLEIN.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 11,355
  • 1850KLEIN.jpg
    1850KLEIN.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 11,394
Cool stuff. Can't say I've seen a DW "mini-pro" before. Are all the features the same, just in smaller sizes? Nice cymbals too.

some more pictures... :p
with the top picture, being a pic of the kit with the smaller hardware ( the smaller stuff are the hi-hat stand the snare stand and the floor tom legs)

Attachments

• 0060KLEIN.jpg
    0060KLEIN.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 12,099
  • 1875KLEIN.jpg
    1875KLEIN.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 10,699
  • 1872KLEIN.jpg
    1872KLEIN.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 10,574
most features are the same however it doesn't have the suspension tom mount on this kit ,
and this kit is seriously tiny, i'll see if i can make a picture of me standing next to it...they havn't called it mini for nothing :p

GRRRRRRRRRR.... I want it!!!!

Can't say I'm crazy about the finish, but I've seen these before and they are awesome kits. How much would the shells run? Did you have to special order it or did you pick it up from a shop? Can you just send me one for free?

Thanks!

G

GRRRRRRRRRR.... I want it!!!!

Can't say I'm crazy about the finish, but I've seen these before and they are awesome kits. How much would the shells run? Did you have to special order it or did you pick it up from a shop? Can you just send me one for free?

Thanks!

G

if i could send you one for free i would:p but sadly i'm not that rich;), they cost on average i think like 1400-1800euro's (2000-2700$) depends on where you get them, i ordered them on the internet from germany as i live in the Netherlands where they are more expensive to get.

mmmm shiny cymbals...

as much as some people may hate saying it,
DW really does deliver the goods with its products.

i mean honestly, there drums are great, hardware awesome
and there stock heads arent bad...its all-win

congrats on the awesome kit dude!

Hi, nice kit

Its hard to tell from the pictures, can you position the ride cymbal and toms as high as you would on a standard sized set? It looks as if its all really low down which would surely be a bit uncomfortable.

Thats quite a nice kit! I just have one suggestion you might not like to hear: your kit looks alot better with the lighter brace hardware. More streamlined and minimalist.

Nice kit man!! Its small, but it must be fun to play! Nice Sabian's HHX!

Hi, nice kit

Its hard to tell from the pictures, can you position the ride cymbal and toms as high as you would on a standard sized set? It looks as if its all really low down which would surely be a bit uncomfortable.

Hey Doom,
with the hardware you get with it, yeah it is low, but i bought new stuff and now its like most other drumkits maybe a bit lower, but it's pretty comfy once upgraded, some drummers i know played on it live on stage, and they really liked it. so it's not to much of a problem, the tom can't go to high, but high enough for comfortable play.

Back