My New Setup : ) kind of interesting

Cool, do you have any vids up on youtube?

Oops my bad. Cymbal specs please?

-Jonathan

Hats: -13" mastersounds
Crashes: -Meinl byzance brilliant thin 18"
-Z Custom 18" rock crash (soon to be replaced with a byzance medium 18")
Splashes: -Paiste twenty series 10" and 8"
Rides: -Z custom 20" power ride
-Dream Bliss 22" ride
Chinas: Wuhan 12" and 18" (eventually to be replaced with a byzance traditional)

and obviously the 6.5" zilbel

yeah ive done a similar thing to my kit and i absolutely love it!

Attachments

• 386026_1908480050579_1799186323_1335779_417630551_n.jpg
    386026_1908480050579_1799186323_1335779_417630551_n.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 545
I did this with my 8 piece kit for a while.
Still had my all my toms like a rack and my thirteen mounted to my hi-hat stand. Removed it and postitioned it next to my twelve :)

I really liked that set up though. I play any kit. Really big, really small and feel creative or fun. And that set-up was pretty hard, but fun.

Sorta like playing cymbals with a sprinklin' of drums. Or a cymbal player who keeps a beat? I thought the turned up hi hat top was an ashtray, but then again theres no drink holder, is there?? I enjoy a good sounding cymbal to ride with and crashes that are appropriate for certain types of music but that seems to be a little over kill. I assume you use them or why bring them, you must play some intricate material.
You must hate that snare drum, or its smashed and held together with tape?
Only kidding with you I don't understand why people use tape and cleanex and goop on their drums. Drums are an acoustic instrument so overtones are a big part of the drum. If the decay is to long for you or theres a ringing sound you did something wrong with the tuning. Either way good luck with the set up all you need are some blocks and horns and chimes and you'll have the old Chick Webb set up. Thats the old set up when sets were first put together there was NO rack toms all the toms were floor toms. Interseting how styles and fashions recycle themselves. Doc

Back