Just bought some Stagg DH Exo crash cymbals (video comparison)

SgtThump

Platinum Member
I went to Fred Pierce's shop (St Louis) yesterday to hopefully pick up another crash cymbal. I was very open to the brand and style, but I knew they had Stagg and I've been reading about those lately. They have a wall with probably 30 Stagg cymbals on it, so I pulled them off and compared quite a few.

I ended up getting a 16" DH Exo and 17" DH Exo. I went there for an 18" crash, but these two grabbed me more than any others.

I just sat them up on stands with my other three crashes and did a quick comparison video. Feel free to share your thoughts on any of the cymbals!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p--ZYaju4rM

See list below for details about the cymbals in the order hit (from right to left):

- 18" Zildjian A Fast Crash
- 18" Zildjian K Dark Thin Crash
- 17" Stagg DH Exo Crash
- 16" Stagg DH Exo Crash
- 16" Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash

Chris

Oh yeah, the 16" was $99 and the 17" was $105 before taxes.

Fred told me he sells 5 Stagg cymbals to every Zildjian. He said he gets new shipments in almost daily. LOL

Thanks for the video! Like the sound of the Stagg cymbals. Wish a dealer near me sold them so I could check them out in person.

I've got older 17" and 18" DH Exo. Took me a while to realise but they are excellent crashes. Long decay and nice sounding.

Thanks for the comments! I went back to Fred Pierce today and sure enough, they had a different Stagg Exo 18" crash that sounded better than the ones I tried 2-3 days ago. Bought it. ha ha

The 16" I got 2 days ago and the 18" I got today are both better sounding than the 17" I got 2 days ago, but I think I'll keep all 3!

My opinion is that these are killer cymbals. I can feel myself growing addicted to the less expensive cast cymbals out there from Dream and Stagg. I had a 20" Dream Bliss ride before and 14" Bliss hihats that were awesome. Sold them for no real reason, but I gotta say I'm digging these cheap prices.

I also picked up a 24" Dream Flat Ride today. Didn't need it, but it sounds freaking killer and the price was just ridiculous. he he Video of that coming sometime. :)

Fred's got me hooked on them too I have a 17 medium and a 18 thin. Love them they sound just like my A Zildjian's only less than 1/2 the price with a good warranty. next I am going to pick up a couple new stagg splash cymbals

Back