Snare Project #4

Big_Al47

Picked up this Pacific Piccolo snare off Craigslist for only $20....as you can see, it was really dirty and needed new heads....
PSnareB4a.jpg

Dirty and neglected...
PSnareB4b.jpg

PSnareB4c.jpg

Lets take it apart....
PSnareB4d.jpg

Basic cleaning....I was going to debadge, but the SN# ends with 47, which is one of my favorite numbers, so I will leave it on....
PSnareB4f.jpg

Fully cleaned, taped up and ready for Primer & Paint...
PSnareB4g.jpg

Primer...
PSnareB4h.jpg

With a coat of Primer on it...
PSnareB4j.jpg

Going with a red glitter...
PSnareB4i.jpg

Several coats of glitter later, she is coming along....
PSnareB4k.jpg

Let it dry for a couple of days, then applied the clear and let it sit for a few more days, now it's ready to assemble...
PSnareAfter1.jpg

Hardware cleaned up very nicely...
PSnareAfter2.jpg

All put together with brand new heads...
PSnareAfter3.jpg

The paint just pops, it looks so much better in person...
PSnareAfter4.jpg

All tuned up and ready to play, looks awesome and it has a nice "Crack" to it...
PSnareAfter5.jpg

Hope you like the pics! Any questions, ask away :)

Sweet. Awesome job dude. How is the red glitter finish? Sparkly enough? I didn't know they sold glitter spray paint. I thought you had to get a wrap to do that.

Here you can see a before and after of the hardware (may be a little hard to see), the 2 on the left cleaned and shined up nicely, the 2 on the right was the condition of how I bought it....
PSnareB4l.jpg

Really nice job Big_Al. The glitter did a really nice job, doesn't look cheap at all:)

Sweet. Awesome job dude. How is the red glitter finish? Sparkly enough? I didn't know they sold glitter spray paint. I thought you had to get a wrap to do that.

Thanks! I appreciate it. It is very sparkly, I used the whole can on this small 13" piccolo, so it has a few coats on it, then it has a few coats of the clear sealer, it looks very deep and professional. It certainly does pop in sunlight :)

What did you used for the lugs??

First, just soap and water on a rag to clean the surface gunk, then I used a Mr. Clean Magic Erasure to really get it clean, then I used Never Dull (A metal polish) to get it all shined up. This removed all the rust and most of the pitting on the lugs and hoops.

What, did the seller just not want to change the heads so he sold it? hahahaha. anyways, nice job! It looks good. Im sure that the glitter will sparkle nice under the lights.

Back