Show off your TAMA !

My Starclassic Maples:

drums005.jpg

IMAGE_00047.jpg

IMAGE_00051.jpg

TAMA002.jpg

TAMA003.jpg

Re: Just Arrived today!

My superstar custom hyperdrive that i just got today!

Let me know how you like those Hyperdrives thats the kit my son wants. Congrats on the new kit. enjoy

hey you know what you´re talking about!! yes it´s an old rockstar bassdrum, the original bd of the set had to make way for the shooting...:) i like the sound of the rockstar bass very much so i just changed them for a few days. in fact it´s a 2006 exotix set and it´s on of the best sounding and most beautiful sets i´ve ever seen!!

Here is my Starclassic Maple set. It consists of 10, 12, 13, and 16 toms, a 22 bass, and a G-Maple snare drum. The cymbals are Zildjian A's and an Oriental China "Trash," except for when I was still using a little Wuhan china. Bass pedals are DW 9000, and hi-hat stand is Iron Cobra lever-glide. Other hardware is Tama Roadpro and some Gibralter clamps/boom arms.

For less-important gigs and church music applications, I often use much less than pictured, like maybe a four-piece setup with a couple of crashes. For times when I get the opportunity to use everything, I set up the whole thing, often including one, or even two, keyboards on my left side. Hope you like it!

Overhead view of the whole thing:
mydrums.jpg

Set up in a field, ready to be moved up on to the trailer we used for a stage:
field.jpg

Stage lights are awesome:
SoulHarvest09-06173-1.jpg

In action:
ms2.jpg

A little more relaxed:
October2005175.jpg

Hey Matt! Nice set that you´ve got!! The picture on top with the keyboards on the side I like the most! It looks awesome in this stage-atmosphere, but you cannot play the drums and the keys at the same time, can you??:)

Re: My almost new Tama

Me too. But are those starclassic bubinga toms over a rockstar bass drum? What happened to the bubinga bass drum?

You´re right! The longer look at the pic the more terrible I find it. It looks very strange with the white rockstar bassdrum...thank you for the hint, I´ll never play a gig with this configuration!!;))

You´re right! The longer look at the pic the more terrible I find it. It looks very strange with the white rockstar bassdrum...thank you for the hint, I´ll never play a gig with this configuration!!;))

I wasn't referring to the aesthetics really... but now that you mention it ;) Just kidding. I just recognised the lug shape of a Rockstar and was wondering why. Does that rock star bass drum sound better than the exotix bass?

Hey Matt! Nice set that you´ve got!! The picture on top with the keyboards on the side I like the most! It looks awesome in this stage-atmosphere, but you cannot play the drums and the keys at the same time, can you??:)

Occasionally, yeah! It's not that hard on some stuff actually. I play drums with my right hand, and on the bottom keyboard I just play chords on a string patch or something. Of course your not going to pull off Dream Theater licks simultaneously on drums and keys, but it works fine on a lot of more "radio-friendly" type rock songs that use simple chord progressions.

Does that rock star bass drum sound better than the exotix bass?
Of course the Rockstar bass drum doesn´t sound better, it´s just that my ears still are used to the sound of it. Actually the exotix bass drum is a big one(22x18)and I´m still experimenting with the tension. I tried other combinations of my old set and the new one as well, I like experimenting with quite different sounds at the same time in the set.

This is my early 80's superstar snare. It is in like new condition. Its rolling with an Evans power center reverse dot and a hazy 300 resonant. I've got it tuned med-high and it sounds great!

The serial # begins with 84-, so I'm not sure if its a 1984 or not. Can anyone tell me for sure?

Attachments

• 100_0678.jpg
    100_0678.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 4,181
  • 100_0679.jpg
    100_0679.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 4,242
I'm not good with indoor photography, so forgive the picture quality.

These are my Tama Superstars in Brushed Metallic Black. The "metallic" is micro-fine rather than retro chunky glitter. These photos don't show it well, but there is a ghost-tint that fades from copper to violet depending on how the light hits it.

22" x 18" bass drum
10" x 8" rack tom
12" x 9" rack tom
14" x 11" rack tom
16" x 16" floor tom
14" x 5.5" wood snare drum
Roc-n-Soc Nitro throne
Iron Cobra Jr. double pedal
Paiste PST-5s:
14" rock hats
16" rock crash
20" rock ride
10" splash
Aquarian SK II bass batter
EC2 over G1 all toms

I might pick up a second, thinner crash in the future, but the kit is essentially finished.

Sometimes I visit her at night just to stare.

Attachments

• Superstars 062808 009b.jpg
    Superstars 062808 009b.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 4,417
  • Superstars 062808 014b.jpg
    Superstars 062808 014b.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 4,386
  • Superstars 062808 020b.jpg
    Superstars 062808 020b.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 4,381
Here are my TAMAs. mid 80s superstars, I will be painting in the next few weeks.
They will be as close to the the original Super Mahogany finish as I can get when done.
It took a month of evenings to strip.

stripped1.jpg

Back