What's the best things about your playing?

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
Go ahead, brag a little. You should play to your strengths anyway. So what are YOUR personal strengths? It's OK really.

At this stage my playing is all about my own enjoyment.

The following tale will serve as an analogy...

A gentleman of extremely modest intimate endowment contracts with a lady of negotiable virtue. He disrobes and she falls about, laughing.

"Who on earth do you expect to show a good time with that?" she asks, with a dismissive sneer.

"Me!" he replies.

I like to think that I play for the song, back the vocalist, and have good ears for a tune. My meter has improved drastically and since gravitating to my Ludwigs, I have gotten a lot of comments about my deep groove. I read music, learn quickly, and have a good memory. I also have a lot of good side skills, like social media, negotiating, sound engineering, and graphic design.

I also make a great cup of coffee.

Geez Al I didn't mean brag THAT much.

JK of course. So just how do you make that coffee? I want details.

ha, Larry good positive thread. I hope negative post don't soil it.

My playing ...meh... I play for the song, and I never over play (likely by virtue of being 'technique'-limited).

One of the things I enjoy the most about my playing is the ability to start a good, creative beat that my band can jam to. Much of the time, it's up to me to get things rolling and keep the creative juices flowing by changing the beats, dynamics and patterns to inspire the guitar players into doing different things with the song they are playing.

I think the way I play makes people want to go out and groove on the dance floor. That's the best thing, and that which brings me the most satisfaction with playing the drums.

I'd say that I play the song on the drums, I don't play the drums during the song.

I like to think that I play for the song, back the vocalist, and have good ears for a tune. My meter has improved drastically and since gravitating to my Ludwigs, I have gotten a lot of comments about my deep groove. I read music, learn quickly, and have a good memory. I also have a lot of good side skills, like social media, negotiating, sound engineering, and graphic design.

I also make a great cup of coffee.

So playing those Ludwigs drastically improves meter? Ludwig is more than just a name - it's magic!

I think the best thing about my playing is the small amount of notes I use. I like to keep that note-to-dollar ratio down :)

The best thing about my playing is that a very small number of audience members/other musicians have been subjected to it.

The best thing about my playing is that I look real good :p

I have been told a few time that I don't play the same as most drummers. Not sure if that is a compliment or a criticism. I prefer to chose the former.

The best thing about my playing is that I have learned to play with at least some grace and dynamics and ideas can flow naturally, without being too forced or cookie-cutter. Also after ten years of painstaking practice, my left hand isn't terrible anymore. That may sound negative, but I feel like my left hand is around the same dexterity and feel as my right was five years ago. Now, back to it...:)

Back