The Banned & the Damned - Where do they go?

People tend to leave for a forum break, which is fine and healthy!
Some come back and some don´t. Others rather to laid back and just go through the forum... I came back fresh, take me as an example... Cheers!

I just noticed earlier that Two Cables is now a guest. I wonder what makes people want to leave if they haven't been banned? I just can't imagine that DW would get into one's head to the point that it starts to affect their lives negatively.

Two Cables is gone? Who will bang the "Tune Bot" drum (so to speak) now? ;-)

You miss the point, MM - the forum was polluted by lobbyists pushing their barrow and the mods were too weak to get things balanced again. At this rate I might be looking for another forum again ...

That's definitely a subject for the 'Off Topic Lounge'. And even there, the topic doesn't go over well: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1188468&postcount=117

topic closed.

This is a drum forum after all, and some people are offended at even the sight of a gun. (maybe you should delete the picture).

Hey guys, I was just kidding. I don't even own a gun. Quite frankly, they scare the hell out of me. I was just trying to have a little fun... I didn't want to offend anybody.

Does there seem to be a little tension around here, lately. Or is it just me?

I'm feeling it too. This place used to be the funniest drum forum on the net. Jokes, pot stirring, gentle ribbings and blatant good natured piss taking were rampant. Recently it may as well be the Pearl forum given the level of teen-like angst on display. Or a Tea Party committee meeting given the stern nature of it all. I'm surprised some are able to make it to the end of the driveway at home without being offended by the sunlight making shadows on the path.

Offense disclaimer: This is a general forum wide observation....not specific to this thread.

I'm feeling it too. ...

Offense disclaimer: This is a general forum wide observation....not specific to this thread.

Yes, I'm speaking forum-wide, too. Something doesn't feel quite right.

Hey guys, I was just kidding. I don't even own a gun. Quite frankly, they scare the hell out of me. I was just trying to have a little fun... I didn't want to offend anybody.

LOL - minor tension. Nothing that probably won't blow over.

I've hunted most all of my life, so I don't have a problem with guns. But I know some people do. Used responsibly, they're just a tool. Unfortunately, you usually only hear about the wackos.

I'm feeling it too. This place used to be the funniest drum forum on the net. Jokes, pot stirring, gentle ribbings and blatant good natured piss taking were rampant. Recently it may as well be the Pearl forum given the level of teen-like angst on display. Or a Tea Party committee meeting given the stern nature of it all. I'm surprised some are able to make it to the end of the driveway at home without being offended by the sunlight making shadows on the path.

Are you kidding? The Tea Partiers are a barrel o' laughs, just like those guys that hang out on Wall Street burning flags and playing hackey sack.

Good times!

LOL - minor tension. Nothing that probably won't blow over.

I've hunted most all of my life, so I don't have a problem with guns. But I know some people do. Used responsibly, they're just a tool. Unfortunately, you usually only hear about the wackos.

Agreed, wildbill. Like I said, just trying to have some fun; not cause an international incident.

Sorry MM. I just saw it and facepalmed. I must be still affected by what happened on the other forum and a bit, dare I say it, hair-trigger ...

I didn't know what facepalming was. Now that I see it in a "Star Trek" reference, I get it.

Attachments

• Facepalm3.jpg
    Facepalm3.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 11,637
I'm surprised some are able to make it to the end of the driveway at home without being offended by the sunlight making shadows on the path.

I freakin HATE that!!! The stupid neighbors tree covers almost 1 full third of my of my basement windows. If that tree grows anymore, I am gonna set that thing on fire!!
I need that sun to shine in the window and light up my Red Sparkle drum kit and blaze off my cymbals at ALL moments of daylight forcryinoutloud!

Nobody blocks out my sun, NOBODY!!

Grunt's might have to change his sig. line from this. :)

It's tough being a Realist, in a world full of Dreamers.

to this

It's tough being a Moderator, in a world full of Drummers.

All gear and no grit, huh?

I don't think about Sticks or any of these banned or damned people for one minute.

How freakin' hard is it to talk on a forum anyway?

I can understand Anthony and his professional angle, but other than that, we're mostly enthusiasts that just like to drum.

Back