Pants: A neccessity for drummers?

MrPockets

Gold Member
I'm playing with a band and 2 wear pants, 3 don't, including myself. of course the 2 who do can communicate together, but we all seem to play together fine.

just wondering how many drummers out there wear pants and flaunt it. i know some drummers who wear them but don't flaunt it, stating that it's more natural instinct over animal instinct that works for drummers...

and I'm curious if a drummer wears pants, if that would noticeably improve one's part in the band as a drummer and not guitarist...i suppose as far as performing songs it would, but how else?

any thoughts, comments?

I'
just wondering how many drummers out there wear pants and flaunt it.

and I'm curious if a drummer wears pants, if that would noticeably improve one's part in the band as a drummer and not guitarist...

any thoughts, comments?

I definitely flaunt the fact that I wear pants. I feel it definitely improves my performance.

I don't flaunt my pants. I don't have to. They flaunt themselves. I used to flaunt my pants. Hell I used to wet my pants. Now I usually taunt my pants. It's a daunting task to flaunt one's pants. Taunting pants however....is easy. As long as no one haunts my pants, I will continue to taunt my pants. When I can, I prefer to go on a lengthy jaunt to taunt my pants. I don't normally like to flaunt the fact that I taunt my pants.

I don't flaunt my pants. I don't have to. They flaunt themselves. I used to flaunt my pants. Hell I used to wet my pants. Now I usually taunt my pants. It's a daunting task to flaunt one's pants. Taunting pants however....is easy. As long as no one haunts my pants, I will continue to taunt my pants. When I can, I prefer to go on a lengthy jaunt to taunt my pants. I don't normally like to flaunt the fact that I taunt my pants.

This made me laugh, thanks Larry! What's really funny is that "pants" can mean very different things to some people... Look up the etymology of the word and you'll see what I mean... For instance, if you told a Brit that you liked his/her pants, you'd get a strange look....

For instance, if you told a Brit that you liked his/her pants, you'd get a strange look....

Pretty sure they have pants in Great Britain.......even their drummers. They were once a proud empire remember........you can't conquer half the known world without pants

Mr Pants Pockets you are definitely emerging as one of my favourites here.........187 posts of pure trolling and still going strong!! Well played sir.

Most of our members have pants, and most of their pants have members. What a fertile thread premise. I'm very close to my pants. I like having them nearby always. In fact I'd go as far as to say that at no time in my life have I ever been more than a few feet from my pants. Although there has never been a few feet in my pants.

Warm = no pants
Not warm = pants

It's that simple for me. Although, it should be stated that I live in northern Norway ;-)

Pants are not a necessity.

Unless you're playing a cover band/casual where the band is expected to be in a suit kind of of thing.

Once each summer I play a gig with my band at a nudest resort.
I wear pants, but not many people in the resort do :)
That gig is approaching in about a month.

Once each summer I play a gig with my band at a nudest resort.
I wear pants, but not many people in the resort do :)
That gig is approaching in about a month.

Soooo, Bob... What are the chances that I can join your band for the summer? ;p

I don't think you should be able to play at a nudist resort, and NOT play nude. Nudity should be a requirement for the bands.

Is there a chance that the stance on pants will advance the crowds dance or lead to rants and death by lance?

Fro some reason, posting this again made sense in this thread.

Attachments

• levelup.jpg
    levelup.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 839
Will somebody please translate this thread for me? It'll spoil my enjoyment, but I feel I ought to understand.

Back