Weckl's Big Announcement

As the forum's resident doctor, I highly approve of the above image; and consider Weckl-o's an essential part of a healthy, balanced diet.

No way he would switch cymbal companies again. With the amount of R&D involved in making Evolution and Legacy, and also the fact that Evolution is one of the best selling lines for Sabian, they would be MENTAL to let him go.

Lured across to Paiste. They got Vinnie, now Weckl........only Gadd to go and Paiste's master plan for world domination will start to unfold.

I hope he isn't announcing the recall of my Sabian Dave Weckl signature series HHX Evolution cymbals.
I like then a lot.
If he moves to Paiste, he's dead to me. :)

Caught my eye, too. Guess is he's changing drum or cymbal endorsements. Just a guess, though.

Well, he made a big deal about having his sticks slightly modified ( and I mean a little); it dominates a video that he put out on basic drum technique. perhaps a new band?

Just announcing something is going to happen is great self promotion, as amply displayed by the existence of this thread. Such a level of interest is also confirmation of his status.

Are we sure his reference is drumming related?

On his Facebook page, he said it is not a change in gear. I hope it is new Dave Weckl Band CD or DVD. Peace and goodwill.

He is recording a new fusion album. I pledged $25 to help it along; I will also get it as soon as it comes out. Fusion lives!

I can't wait to hear his new album !!!!!!

Me too! It sounds like he is breaking down each track on it too, so we can play along to the songs minus drums! I too will pledge a bit once my exams are over, cause it sounds really cool.

Back