Opinions between two Starclassic Finishes

WayneWickman

Going to test drive a Tama Bub and a Yam Abs Birch tomorrow. I'm leaning toward the Tama but if the Yam blows me away who knows. Anyway there are two Tama finishes that interest me and I can't seem to decide. Both with black nickle hardware.
Silver Snow Racing Stripe and Deep Forest Burst. There are pros and cons to both; I currently have a Autumn Burst kit and my previous kit was a white Sonor.
Jusr seeking input from fellow drummers....Some pics

Attachments

• BU-SET10-DFB.jpg
    BU-SET10-DFB.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,611
  • BU-SET10-SSR.jpg
    BU-SET10-SSR.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,224
  • DSCN0640.jpg
    DSCN0640.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,391
  • DSCN0508.jpg
    DSCN0508.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 1,838
I have never been much for green and the white with silver looks classy to me.

Definitely the green one. I'm a fan of both colors in the second picture but they don't look to good together in my opinion. I'm not a fan of the whole stripe/inlay thing tama has been doing in recent years.

I'm not a fan of the strips thing either, but I have seen those drums in person and they look spectacular. A friend of mine also has the "deep forest burst" and they also look like a million dollars. The only thing is that I have seen several shades of deep forest burst and heard of headaches when trying to match the shade for add on drums. Your picture is basically the same shade as my friends, but I've seen them look a bit muddier.

You're just about going through the entire spectrum in sound from Bubinga to birch shells, so your decision shouldn't be too difficult when you hear the sound that you like.

Dennis

Tough call for me. I'm not really a fan of green finishes. I love silver finishes, but I'm not a fan of the racing stripes. I feel like they are a fad that will look "dated" in about 5-6 years. (But may well be "retro cool" in about 20 years.) If I were forced to choose, I guess I'd go with the green.

I'd go with the white ones. I have a sugar white Rockstar and a White Wolf Sparkle DJ Drums kit. So I am a little biased.

Great stuff guys, thanks. I want something to complement my maple kit. Over half my work is recording and you hear so much about "how great birch sounds in the studio" so I gotta try it. And bubinga just sounds awesome so I have to put that in the mix. It will be interesting.

Back