My yamaha maple custom/paiste kit

yammy1688

Haven't seen any remote hat players here!

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

That's a black panther snare I've added wood hoops to.

I LIKE IT! The green,gold, and chrome looks great. I also like the hat stand. I've only used the cable remote type in the past. I've used the Performance II heads also. I like them for recording.

That is one weeeeeeird hihat stand lol.

great kit though, can't go wrong with the green/gold. beautiful kit my friend.

How's the black panther sound with wooden hoops?

-Jonathan

Cool, good stuff man. How does the hat feel with the drive shaft versus a cable. I have been eyeing the DW universal. I have an old Gibralter remote cable hi-hat stand and the response is too slow.

Sounds more woody, and cross sticks and rimshots are even more ridiculous.

I prefer not to cross my hands if I don't have to. I think it was done out of necessity and now everyone's used to it :)

It's much more comfortable IMO, and allows you to keep the hi-hat much more level with the snare.

That is one weeeeeeird hihat stand lol.

great kit though, can't go wrong with the green/gold. beautiful kit my friend.

How's the black panther sound with wooden hoops?

-Jonathan

Cool, good stuff man. How does the hat feel with the drive shaft versus a cable. I have been eyeing the DW universal. I have an old Gibralter remote cable hi-hat stand and the response is too slow.

Haven't used the cable before, but the drive feels just like a regular hat. Actually, it feels like a regular high-end hi-hat :) I had to chop the drive shaft to get the perfect foot placement.

They're a bit expensive, but I found it used and purchased the MG1 and MG2 mounting brackets separately.

Can you give a little more info on the hi hat stand? I might enjoy something like that. The ability to whip the back beats in like when you're playing the ride is appealing.

Awesome drums. You like that Trick Pedal?

Can you give a little more info on the hi hat stand? I might enjoy something like that. The ability to whip the back beats in like when you're playing the ride is appealing.

It's the DW 9550
http://accessories.musiciansfriend....445174&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26032605

I got it for about half that by buying used.

It's really nice to really hammer those backbeats as you say, and very comfortable to not have the hi-hat so far/high from the snare, IMO of course.

Back