Pat Petrillo's new Ludwigs!

Trip McNealy

Gold Member
The other day at drum lessons, I mentioned to Pat, "Hey when you doing the Ludwig photo shoot?" So he said go ahead and get some pre-shoot photos for now!

Pardon the low-quality, even the iPhone 3G still has a sucky camera. And as for the sound... oh boy, you have to be there to really enjoy that!! I love when we play together, the Supraphonic snare is icing on the cake!

I also saw Pat this weekend at the Modern Drummer Festival in NY. What a great time that was.

I believe Pat is waiting on a 10" side snare, so that's not in any of the pictures yet. Enjoy.

img1005.jpg

img1008.jpg

img1004.jpg

img1007.jpg

img1003.jpg

img1002.jpg

Yeah, sweet kit, set-up and drummer of course. :)
The set-up looks so comfortable and the kit and cymbals themselves are excellent!

Is this ride cymbal still a prototype or are there any plans to create something with Zildjian?

By the way, the photos aren`t bad at all, I wish I could make those high-quality photos with my mobile, haha!

Karl

Trip

Nice pics!! They came out great..

I'm real pleased with them, and they are really starting to "warm up" the more I play them..

More pics to come later

Thanks again

The drums are the Classic Maples
The wrap is called Sunset Diamond Pearl, and it's Ludwig's newest finish.

The sizes are

18X20 Kik
8X10
8X12
14X14
16X16
5.5X14 maple snare
5.5X14 Superphonic snare

Drums sound great, and look stunning up close. The keystone badge has a "white gold" vibe to it..not quite silver, not quite gold..

Any questions, ask away!

All the Best

The sizes are

18X20 Kik
8X10
8X12
14X14
16X16
5.5X14 maple snare
5.5X14 Superphonic snare

Drums sound great, and look stunning up close. The keystone badge has a "white gold" vibe to it..not quite silver, not quite gold..

Any questions, ask away!

All the Best

AWWWW PAT NICE KIT...looks Amazing! WHOA! Would love to hear that. OH and BTW Trip, taken with a phone or not the pics turned out great...thanks for sharing! I know I am envious!

Last edited:

The sizes are

18X20 Kik
8X10
8X12
14X14
16X16
5.5X14 maple snare
5.5X14 Superphonic snare

Any questions, ask away!

All the Best
What's up with the Psy. Red kit in the backgroud are they vintage or the discontinued Wrap? and also how do you like the new sunset wrap?have you had them under stagelights yet? Questions aside beautiful set-up thanks for sharing.

Bonzolead

Sweet new kit! I know they sound awesome.

That finish is pretty cool and I thought it was neat in the catalog, but it looks better in these pics--nice quality pics too Trip!

The bottom "posed" pic is great--maybe we'll see it in an ad or catalog sometime you never know....

Fun set-up too with the side snare and the 16 behind it.

You're getting a 10" side snare in the same finish? That should be pretty cool.

Are you keeping the 16 on the hat side, or was that just for messing around?
Personally, I love hat side fts. There's so much you can do with them.

Great kit, thanks for sharing!

Why would think that???!!

Could it be because of the You Tube video from a master class in England? I played a Mapex on that because that is what they had, and I could not get a Ludwig kit for the clinic..

Ha Ha..thanks , bro, they're called Ice Creams, and they are VERY comfortable and light...like pillows for the feet! and, no, I do not endorse them ;)

What kind of ride is that? Is that some kind of Zildjian prototype?

Love the new drums, that's an awesome finish.

dw

Thanks, yes, it's my prototype ride I am working with Zildjian on..It's very dry, big bell, nice crashability..Like an Old dark K with a bigger bell. Great for Fusion/Funk/R&B Very punchy

Not sure if it will come out on the market, but I love the versatility of it..

Pat

WOW, that finish is awesome...Not a huge fan of the "non virgin" bass drum :)..Why do you chose to mount your drums on the bass? Do you notice a difference in sound or feel?

Anyway, love the DVD, and looking forward to more stuff from you!..
Like On Line lessons!! (hint hint!)

J

Pat

WOW, that finish is awesome...Not a huge fan of the "non virgin" bass drum :)..Why do you chose to mount your drums on the bass? Do you notice a difference in sound or feel?

Anyway, love the DVD, and looking forward to more stuff from you!..
Like On Line lessons!! (hint hint!)

J

Hi, Jason

Thanks very much, and glad you love the DVD!

I always prefer mounting the toms on the bass drum because the pure easy of set up and access. Whenever I had a rental kit on Tour that used hanging rack toms off of cymbal stands, I always had difficulty balancing and moving things, and the toms NEVER really get to were I want them..

I hear very little, if any, sonic difference with mounted versus unmounted..plus this kick drum is a cannon!..fat and punchy with plenty of bottom end.

In regards to on line lessons..YES!! Coming in '09, downloadable lessons from a sight TBA!! Keep it peeled..

Pat,

Just curious... What do you mean by this?

m1ck

m1ck

By "warm up", I basically mean "break in", mostly the heads, and my ear getting use to hearing the body, tone, and feeling the response of the drums. They are unlike any other drums I have played, because they possess a unique warmth, a full bodied, focused sound. They are not "dead" drums, meaning, the tone disappears, or lacks body.

So, it's the combination of these things. The drums don't actually "warm up";)

Thanks, and all the best!

Back