My new rock band

So, what did you wear?

Ok, button down short sleeve black shirt with gray front panels, untucked, new "burnt" blue jeans, black socks and new black low tops. Can't you tell from the recording? JK lol

Next gig is this Fiday night. Can't wait!

Sounded great Larry! Thanks for sharing!

Playing with an "ego free" band that plays for the audience and not other musicians is a good way to stay employed. Listening to Radar Love right now. Can't stop smiling. Pretty fly for a white guy!

Thanks Malti! Where ya been?

Sounds great, Larry. Glad it's going so well for you. Think of 2:26 on "Radar Love" as you just making it your own for a moment. ;-)

I was in a band where they gave me a fruit basket, but it turned out a be a schizophrenic named Steve who was light in the loafers.

One tiny thing, but I'm just noting it to help you guys, not to nitpick--on the MySpace page, have them fix the spelling of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I might have to go check you guys out sometime since you're so close to my neck of the woods, although it probably wouldn't be until at least November as I've got conflicts with the other dates.

Man you are having fun and a fruit basket. Wow, how good is that? OK so I'm going along with your fruit basket feeling. Congrats. I hope it lasts a long time. I also hereby, by the powers vested in me, by the state of Drummerworld, do proclaim The remainder of August LarryAce Month. Oops today is the last day of the month. Oh well.

Momentary rapture, crushing reality.

I'm still honored. Thank you your excellency. I'm eternally grateful for the one day I did have. It was the best damn day of my life.

Congrats on the new band Larry! I love both of the songs you posted and neither one of them is really easy to play, but you played them excellently! The groove is solid on both tunes. Radar Love is a song that I have played in practice, but never with a band and I have a terrible time with the groove, but you nailed it, the drum break was very impressive as well. I am looking forward to more audio and hopefully some video very soon! Great job!!

Thanks Malti! Where ya been?

Took a little break from the forum. Started getting more "cold prickly's" than "warm fuzzies" from some of the threads and figured if I wanted anarchy, chaos and arguing, I'd just spend more time with my family, ya know? Haha, it's all good. I love you guys too much to disappear for very long!

Last edited:
Lol @ the family comment Malti, hope you're joking.
We love you too Malti.
The threads have been pretty respectful lately.
I sometimes wonder if we will ever run out of things to talk about here.
But there's always new faces, new angles to consider.
We got Bo and Brew now.

Drumr0, thanks again. I may do video this Friday. The leader of the band runs a Moose Lodge. So that's my next "gig"
The sound is a little echo-ey in there though. We'll see.

We love you too Malti.
We got Bo and Brew now.

Drumr0, thanks again. I may do video this Friday. The leader of the band runs a Moose Lodge. So that's my next "gig"

As far as the fam, well........ Maybe exaggerated just a bit. Always new interesting topics here so I'll hang. Hit me up on Face Book if you're so inclined. I never take a hiatus from that particular networking site. Link is on my DW Contact info tab. We got Bo and Brew, huh? Shweeeet! Fresh Meat!

We love you too Malti.
We got Bo and Brew now.

Good to see you hanging around again Malti! As for fresh faces, hmmm, yes, I could do with one of those. Bo & Brew fresh meat? Ok, you'll have to ask them to find that out. Bo's a cool player & Larry's in love with his avatar. Brew's, well, Brew I suppose, I don't know really!

Well Brew and Bo are both only a few months old here and have already established themselves as fairly prolific.

Hey Malti, this song is for you.

Tom Petty's "American Girl"

Attachments

• American girl.mp3
    3.9 MB · Views: 220
Love it, love it, love it! Just saw Petty about three weeks ago. Yes, he did American Girl! Had pretty good seats too! Check it out!

Attachments

• Petty's still got it.jpg
    Petty's still got it.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 171
Whoa, you took that photo? They were good seats.

Tom Petty is a national treasure.

He hit a home run with that song.

I got connections on the ticket situation! But now you've gone and done it. I must insist that song be dedicated to me and only me every time ya'll perform it publicly!!!

OK you got it. Only you Malti. I'll make audio to prove it too, just wait.

Did you get backstage?

Actually that was the 2nd time. We ran through it at my audition, my bad.

Very good. Sweet drums! Nice guitar. It was all authentic. I liked it!! Bass guitar should have been louder.

Back