Black Friday Burnout

I got a new Tascam US-1800! From Sweetwater, though, so no moshing. Should be here tuesday. I have to get up early to go to Joanne's with my girlfriend, but I don't think I'll have to throw down with any old ladies.

What are you going to put that trigger into? Is your kit mixed, or did you just decide to start? I vote you paint it gold, hang it behind you, and whenever you dramatically strike it, have it trigger the most ridiculous gong sample you can find.

I hate crowded places, and the way people behave in stores and malls on days that aren't Black Friday irritates me to no end. So I only shop online during the holiday weekend. Guitar Center was selling black Vic Firth 5As and 5Bs for $3 a pair, so I ordered a half-dozen. Other than stuff for my family and new dog, that was it.

Explorers drums online has a 16 inch AAX bright crash for only $99, but I can't really afford it, nor do I really need it. Otherwise, I'd grab one right away. I need another snare drum like I need another hole in my head, but I could always use another crash. Plus they retain their value well.

I have to get up early to go to Joanne's with my girlfriend, but I don't think I'll have to throw down with any old ladies.

Well there was no moshing, but MAN was that place busy. I scored some zebra fur and some black felt to make a cymbal bag. I've already got lots of foam and zippers and webbing, but idk what the shell fabric will be. Maybe old denim. I plan to line it with the fur and make dividers out of the felt.

Expect another Janky diy thread.

"Black Friday Burnout" would be a great band name!

Back