Hello!.... help on Ludwig Supra-phonic

Agustin R

Hello!... this is my first post.. I hope someone could help me to find some info I need on my snare. I bought a bunch of very bad shape drums.... but the snare... that was a different story... for what I know now... it´s a 5 x 14 Supra-phonic from early 60´s... the keystone badge have no serial number and have WFL carved on 2 plates... according to Ludwig, must be a 60 to 63 model... and what I want to know is the price and how rare and valuable is this snare. I´ll thank you for the support! Greetings!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151158435059713&set=a.10150891983324713.416785.630604712&type=1&theater

Link tells me the content is unavailable. Can you post a working link?

Too early to tell without seeing it, but a pre-serial Keystone badge may just well denote the coveted chrome over brass (COB) Ludwig Super. If so, they are a sought after item and will up your price from a run of the mill chrome over alloy Supra. Pics would help a bunch though.

Thanks for your reply... I´ve checked and it´s a COB... I don´t know how to insert a pic here... the link is from a facebook picture... if you can help me to find out how to upload a pic I´ll thank you.

Back