The Shaggs. Better than the Beatles?

I sat down today for a few moments and I tried to play along with them (I know, I have nothing better to do right now)
It was hard! They drift so much in timing and groove that I was dumbfounded!

None of them were on the same planet, Never mind the same room!

Are they Tranny's?
Just wondering!

I sat down today for a few moments and I tried to play along with them (I know, I have nothing better to do right now)
It was hard! They drift so much in timing and groove that I was dumbfounded!

None of them were on the same planet, Never mind the same room!

Are they Tranny's?
Just wondering!

They're real sisters. It said so in the bio, at least.

Oh my god. I can't believe I've escaped hearing this for so long. Absolutely brilliant.

There are people who study Jazz that spend their entire life trying to do an off beat fill like that! I'm so jealous!

The drummer is left handed - that explains a lot. LOL

This is the first time I have heard these gals and I rank them up there with The Statler Brother's..."Lester Roadhog Moran and his Cadillac Cowboys".....from back in the 70s.

Takes talent to play like that in my opinion.

I choose to ignore that tune. It's way to "ordinary-crap".

Yep, with all due respect to Todd's view, that tune misses much of what I like about The Shaggs. Recognisably tuned guitars played in recognisable time? If I want to please my ears I'm not going to turn to The Shaggs. I want mayhem and idiocy! Where are the random drum solos?

I'd like to give kudos to whomever did that Foot Foot clip, even if Foot Foot was apparently a cat, not a biped dinosaur.

Wow. Even their wikipedia article is pretty scathing:

The band is primarily notable today for their perceived ineptitude at playing conventional rock music; the band was described in one Rolling Stone article as "...sounding like lobotomized Trapp Family singers."

Reportedly, during the recording sessions the band would occasionally stop playing, claiming one of them had made a mistake and that they needed to start over, leaving the sound engineers to wonder how the girls could tell when a mistake had been made.

Back