A Few Photos - New Pies!

porter

Platinum Member
Took some before band practice today to show off my new ride and china... enjoy!

IMG_20130526_170603.jpg

IMG_20130526_170801.jpg

The new ones- a Meinl Byzance Brilliant 20" Heavy Ride and Sabian 17" AA Holy China. Both great, great cymbals- a touch of aggression while keeping a versatile core. The ride was purchased from MyCymbal and, well, I will be buying from there again :)

IMG_20130526_170925.jpg

You can see by the unused cymbal stand clamps that I often have more than that set up, haha.

Thanks :) That's my stack of a Zildjian 13" Oriental China and a 14" A Custom EFX. Bought them at PASIC and got the EFX signed by Mike Mangini and Steve Gadd in the same day! Great, great sounding stack to my ears.

Cool - I'd definitely hang onto those.

I was talking about the cymbal in the attachment below though - the one directly above the hi hats in the last pic. It sounds like you're talking about the ones to the right of it:

(also - I'll bet that heavy ride sounds great)

Last edited:
Cool - I'd definitely hang onto those.

I was talking about the cymbal in the attachment below though - the one directly above the hi hats in the last pic. It sounds like you're talking about the ones to the right of it:

(also - I'll bet that heavy ride sounds great)

Oh, haha :) That's my Saluda Tesla 17". Pretty trashy & bright crash but it sounds great in practically any context, even with the 1" crack in it. I wasn't crazy about the other Saludas I got but I think that's more my line selection than their worksmanship.

And some more, now way-too-contrasty photos! This time, a faux-symmetrical setup after watching too many videos of Alex Rudinger. The Byzance is now gone, but in its place- the lovely HHX Omni, which I am incredibly happy with. (also- if anyone wants to hear about Remo's new White Suede heads- I can talk about those a little bit, as I bought a set of Emperors the other day...)

kit2.jpg

kit.jpg

Cymbals from left to right: 13" FX Oriental China, 20" Byzance Brilliant Heavy Ride, 6" B8 Splash, 17" Saluda Tesla Medium-Thin Crash, 14" HHX Evolution Hats, 14" A Custom EFX, 14" Zildjian New Alloy Crash/Saluda Glory Vented Bottom Hats, 10" Saluda Glory Splash, 18" HHX Evolution Crash, 20" HHX Omni, 17" AA Holy China. Too many- I know!

These are probably the last pictures I'll be taking with the Superstars, as my new kit is being built right now... I'll be sure to make a thread about that when it comes :)

Back