My new DrumSound kit

Ntertainer

Hey guys,

I just wanted to show you my recently purchased drum kit. Custom made drums from Italy by a company called DrumSound (http://www.dsdrum.com/). The sizes for the shellpack is 12”x8”, 13”x9”, 16”x14”ft 22”x20".
I paid about 4200usd and it was worth every damn penny. They sound AMAZING!

I also bought a Tama 14"x6" Starphonic Aluminum Snare and a Mapex MPX Maple 13"x6". I do need to change heads on the snares, but otherwise I'm extremely satisfied with all my purchases this weekend.

Tell me what you think!

Attachments

• Optimized-IMG_5423.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_5423.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,531
  • Optimized-IMG_5424.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_5424.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,446
  • Optimized-IMG_5451.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_5451.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,453
  • Optimized-IMG_5289.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_5289.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,423
Beautiful kit and good stuff you got there! Nice snares and cymbals! I don't prefer 13'' toms, but it's your choice and I guess you also like it :) The color of the kit is also beautiful!

I have also that same size and same looking Mapex snare and I have been wondering what model it is. Now I know that! :) It's amazing sounding snare when you tune it tight!
I had remo coated ambassador on it when I got it, but I prefer more aquarian texture coated on it. I just wanted to try something new on it and it worked very well!

May I ask you, how much was that Mapex snare? I bought mine from my buddy for 90 Euros and I didin't really know is it too much, but at least it sounds good for that price.

The sizes are perfect for me! :)
Yeah, I'm gonna go for Remo CS Coated emperor on the TAMA and Remo Ambassador on the Mapex snare at first and see if i like it. Might try some different heads if I'm not happy with it.
It usually goes for about 160eur, but I got a bit of a discount so I paid about 116eur. I'd say you got a great price for it! And yes, it sounds really great for that price!

Fell in love with it first time I saw it!
Yeah, Zildjian cymbals are amazing. Just want to "get rid of" the Sabian China, then I'm happy with the cymbal setup!

nice looking drums. rocking the two snares looks sweet you going to put up a sound demo any time?

Very nice, excellent choice! Drumsound sets own an excellent reputation in Italy, and I think they deserve it.

I am just a little surprised to see that you do not have a drumsound snare. They generally are crisp and full-bodied, and the ones I heard live were really impressive. Maybe you already saw this video, but here is the link to a groove played on a drumsound set by one of their most famous endorser, Pier Foschi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ZvcKIe4t4&feature=related

What a shame: I just posted a link to a video and in fact there are plenty of official videos on the drumsound site and on drumsound channel on YouTube! And I only discovered it a few minutes ago!!! Sorry guys, here THE link: http://www.dsdrum.com/html/hard_maple_snare.html#

Last edited:
nice looking drums. rocking the two snares looks sweet you going to put up a sound demo any time?

Awesome that you liked it!
Hopefully, Yes.But unfortunately not in a near future, because I don't have any decent recording material and my current financial situation isn't the greatest. Working on it, though!

Very nice, excellent choice! Drumsound sets own an excellent reputation in Italy, and I think they deserve it.

I am just a little surprised to see that you do not have a drumsound snare. They generally are crisp and full-bodied, and the ones I heard live were really impressive. Maybe you already saw this video, but here is the link to a groove played on a drumsound set by one of their most famous endorser, Pier Foschi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ZvcKIe4t4&feature=related

What a shame: I just posted a link to a video and in fact there are plenty of official videos on the drumsound site and on drumsound channel on YouTube! And I only discovered it a few minutes ago!!! Sorry guys, here THE link: http://www.dsdrum.com/html/hard_maple_snare.html#

Great to hear! Yes indeed they deserve it. Its an amazing kit! And its reputation is really growing here in Sweden!
I will buy a drumsound snare as soon as I can, but I got a great deal on these snares and my budget was a bit limited. Don't get me wrong, I love these snares (especially the TAMA), but having a drumsound snare would be awesome.
Yup. Seen the videos and as you say, they sound awesome! I'm really looking forward to buying a couple of drumsound snares!

Ok,
A few close-ups on the snares.
Not sure exactly what you're looking for (not used to taking pics of a drum-kit), but just tell me if you want pictures of anything else! :)

Attachments

• Optimized-IMG_0355.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0355.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Optimized-IMG_0353.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0353.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,042
  • Optimized-IMG_0371.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0371.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 1,025
  • Optimized-IMG_0370.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0370.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 1,045
  • Optimized-IMG_0368.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0368.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 1,060
  • Optimized-IMG_0365.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0365.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,050
  • Optimized-IMG_0364.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0364.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,059
  • Optimized-IMG_0350.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0350.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,053
  • Optimized-IMG_0348.JPG
    Optimized-IMG_0348.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 1,046
Drumsound is the other huge Italian brand, after Tamburo.
They made some awesome drumset. They are not expansive at all in Europe; their drums sound better than many DW kits. You can can here a 22 / 10 / 12 / 16 set for about 1200€ = $1500.

That is a beautiful looking kit! I love the finish, plus that fact that it's satin makes it much more appealing to me. Any chance we could get some more pictures showing off that gorgeous finish?

Well this took a while. Well, you can never wait too long for something wonderful.
Here are some close-up pictures of the drums.
Those "dots" you can see on some of the pictures are basicly hidden everywhere on the metalparts of the drums. Not too big, but it's in the details. :)
It's hard to get a fair picture of the finish, but here it goes. Hope you like the pictures!

Attachments

• Optimized-IMG_0464.jpg
    Optimized-IMG_0464.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 629
  • Optimized-IMG_0465.jpg
    Optimized-IMG_0465.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 623
  • Optimized-IMG_0467.jpg
    Optimized-IMG_0467.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 624
  • Optimized-IMG_0468.jpg
    Optimized-IMG_0468.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 609
I think the lugs look like army helmets, the finish is plain and that kick drum is way too long, and what's up with those hubcap looking badges? I'm sure they sound good, just not much to look at.

Back