Show Off your SONOR DRUMS.

I am the happy owner of a 4 piece sonor S class maple. It's a 22/12/13/16 kit that I bought 2 years ago (second hand). this was the serie that was replaced by the Sclass pro serie (wichi has been replaced by the sclassix).
I don't have very good pictures of it, but here is one

(ps: it's not me on the drums but a friend of mine)

most of you have probably seen my S-Class Pro already, but nonetheless it's a Sonor thread!

img0849xz5.jpg

img0893yp4.jpg

img0904zk8.jpg

img0835zo3.jpg

without all the mic stands and clutter -
54651586hw3.jpg

ollllllddd pictures :)
dsc2138ab3.jpg

dsc2143mp6.jpg

One never get tires of the Mona Lisa, right Chris ? ; )

You & Joeybeats.. The Miss World and Miss Universe of Drums!

now there's an idea... a Drummerworld Beauty Paegent! Every member votes in their favorite kit, theres a short-list and eventually a winner! ( mods listening ?)

You boys got it won already, though...

Sonor Five Star kit, one of 25, played by Thomas Lang and Steve Smith. stilll waiting on the 8x8 tom.

A Sonor Signature kit with new Pasite 2002 14x6.5 snare and a new Zelkova solid snare on the side (not in pic) The Phonic Plus has now been sent out to have Bubinga wrapped on her in and out.

My Five Star Ebony kit with DW Neil Peart Edge Snare
I recieved a Attack Medium 2 Ply and its just amazing what a combination these shells are with those heads. Plus you can see the beauty of the innear veener.

The Neil Peart snare is perfect as main snare. The kit it self is just beyond description. Derek Roddy was right, best kit he ever heard or played. Thomas Lang and Steve Smith are two masters who have played my kit...I am the third.
:D

OOOer this means I could post my pics again! :)

Actually, I think Ill wait to get some new ones

Hi Sonor folks,

Have any of you had an issue with the sharp bearing edges Sonor uses on their drums. Most are using a rounded edge now but I see Sonor is still cutting a sharp edge.

Sonor Designers in Green stain finish. 18x16, 14x14, 12x8, 10x8. (Brady snare in pics).

Attachments

• January2008kitpics026.jpg
    January2008kitpics026.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 19,489
  • January2008kitpics021.jpg
    January2008kitpics021.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 19,612
  • January2008kitpics016.jpg
    January2008kitpics016.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 19,724
  • January2008kitpics014.jpg
    January2008kitpics014.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 20,813
  • January2008kitpics049.jpg
    January2008kitpics049.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 19,186
rritter - Ive gotta say mine havent given my any trouble at all - What issues are you referring to?

rritter - Ive gotta say mine havent given my any trouble at all - What issues are you referring to?

No issues but I just bought a new Force 3007 and the edges are cut sharp compared to the edges on my Gretsch kit. Gretsch along with others use a more rounded edge that mates quite well with the curve of the drum head. My Gretsch kit has always been easy to tune and sounds great. As for the Force kit I just got it yesterday and haven’t spent much time with it. It is a great build though and I am looking forward to getting it ready for our shows. It is finished in natural maple and should look great on stage. What I was asking was if any of the Sonor players had any feedback as to how they tune and sound with this edge design. I do like the “Tunesafe” lugs. Every manufacture should have this feature. I play this weekend but hope to spend time Sunday working on the tuning and setup of the kit. Looking forward to it.

What I was asking was if any of the Sonor players had any feedback as to how they tune and sound with this edge design.
The sharper edge offers less edge-to-head contact area, which allows the head to reverberate longer, hence slightly increased projection and sustain.

It can mean more overtones and sometimes a little bit more work to get them tuned just right, but the extra resonance and overtones will allow for greater flexibility with your tuning.

My force 3007 kit sounds great micd up, but I am running them with 2-ply tom heads at the moment and the head's thicker design kinda makes the sharper edge theory mute. On my Designer series though, the single ply heads absolutely sing, with heaps of low-end.

Some companies deliberately round their edges to give a more focused thump, particularly on floor toms. My theory is that if you ever wanted to ADD resonance to these drums, youd be limited for options. If drums with sharper bearing edges offer too much resonance, its always easier to dampen to your needs...

My 2 cents anyway...

I received the Five Star kit with Attack 2 ply clear heads on the toms and a PS3 Classic on the bassdrum. Perfect heads for those thin sharp edge shells. Loads of deep low end and they just sing without too much overtones. I love the Attack heads. I want to put them on the Signature kit next time round. I tried Ambassador coated on the Sigs, then went to factory installed Pinstripes. Much nicer and way deeper with the Pinstripes. Sounded real higher pitch and more jazz kit with the Ambassadors, totally Bonham with the Pinstripes.

I think the Attack heads are the best choice yet.

The sharper edge offers less edge-to-head contact area, which allows the head to reverberate longer, hence slightly increased projection and sustain.

It can mean more overtones and sometimes a little bit more work to get them tuned just right, but the extra resonance and overtones will allow for greater flexibility with your tuning.

My force 3007 kit sounds great micd up, but I am running them with 2-ply tom heads at the moment and the head's thicker design kinda makes the sharper edge theory mute. On my Designer series though, the single ply heads absolutely sing, with heaps of low-end.

Some companies deliberately round their edges to give a more focused thump, particularly on floor toms. My theory is that if you ever wanted to ADD resonance to these drums, youd be limited for options. If drums with sharper bearing edges offer too much resonance, its always easier to dampen to your needs...

My 2 cents anyway...

I got home this evening and had some time with the new 3007’s and got all the drums sounding nice with the stock UT heads. I ordered Emperors last evening and I hope they will work as well on the Sonor kit as they do on my Gretsch kit. Hopefully I can get some pictures up soon.

Man! I can't wait to put up some pics of my 3007 blue sparkle..
I just need to take some first.. hmm

I'll try and get on that today..

Back