What was the first concert you went to????

Three Dog Night in 1971. I was 9 years-old and had a blast at the concert.

The Beatles at Shea Stadium 1965..sorry no ticket stub.:(

Steve B

Man i would give my left arm... hold-on, left leg to see that live, it must have been amazing!

Hard to top this as my starter concert. It's been so long ago but I think my first concert was the Beatles at Commiskey Park. We were seated by the 3rd base dugout where they came out. Despite good seats we could barely hear them. Lots and lots of screaming girls. Quite a scene. I wish I still had the ticket.

WOW! I've been to see the Bootleg Beatles a couple of times and i must say they are pretty awesome!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

That makes you the lucky one seeing Cream, I just saw him as Eric Clapton although the gig and stadium was still amazing... poor old Jack Bruce :(

I wish I could say mine was the Beatles but sadly a bit before my time.

Mine was Rush in '81 - Moving Pictures. I can't complain about that too much.

Go Neil!

Heart, the Dreamboat Annie tour at the Saginaw Civic Center (Saginaw, Michigan) in 1976. I was 17 - smack in the middle of that fuzzy period from 1974 to 1983.

June 29th 1973- Scorpions.... I still remember the drummer was one Mr. Helmut Eisenhut....it was raw....nothing like the music that we hear these days...original.

Van Halen 1981, Buffalo, New York. I think Autograph opened? Great show....

Edgar Winter's White Trash, 1971. Jerry Lacroix also on sax and vocals, Rick Derringer on guitar and Bobby Ramirez on drums (along with others in the band). I was 13.

Edgar Winter's White Trash, 1971. Jerry Lacroix also on sax and vocals, Rick Derringer on guitar and Bobby Ramirez on drums (along with others in the band). I was 13.

I so envy you. Loved that band.

First band I saw was at the local church hall 1967/68. They were good and later became Lindisfarne, Geordie folk rock heroes.

First big concert was Jethro Tull at Newcastle City Hall around 68 to 69. Brilliant, Ian Anderson was/is a superb frontman.

Led Zeppelin - Madison Square Garden 1973 and their money was stolen.

I would absolutely love to see the Zep boys with Jason Bonham on drums, we tried to get tickets for the O2 in london a few years ago but they sold out in seconds... shame.

Van Halen's Fair Warning tour in 1981 at the los Angeles Sports Arena ( I think) at the tender age of 14. We were in the very back row, leaning against the back wall of the venue. Some girls gave us a couple hits off their joint in exchange for a few minutes with our binoculars.

The show gave me a huge appreciation for punk rock in less than six months.

Many years later (1992) I was given the opportunity to buy one of the snare drums made for that tour for $200. It weighed forty pounds and I couldn't afford it (I was still in college, earning $600 a month at best). It was #2 of four made for the tour and was a neat piece. I did get to play it for 20-30 minutes.

My first "big name" concert was Steppenwolf in Barton Coliseum in Little Rock, Arkansas. I want to say that the opening band was the James Gang (Joe Walsh). Mid '70s????

Steppenwolf drummer Jerry Edmonton just blew me away with his bass drum technique.

GeeDeeEmm

Back