$30 SNARE?!!!

Wow, is cheap. Maybe as a snare to muck around with different heads etc and one you dont mind getting battered to practises?

Hows that saying go? "You get what you pay for" yeah I think that's it.

Get it if you wanna use it as a muck around snare, but i wouldnt advise using it even as a backup snare and definently not a main one lol. But you never know, with the right heads it might sound like a $200 snare.... MIGHT lol. But the fact of the matter is, this is a practice snare.

Those things are terrible, possibly the worst drums I've ever used! No matter what heads and tunings I've used on those (since there are about 8973245 different rebrandings of that) have never sounded remotley good, so there is no fair representation there. Even in practicing, you will quickly find it unbearable. The only use is to have something to smash to bits at the end of a thrash gig.

Those things are terrible, possibly the worst drums I've ever used! No matter what heads and tunings I've used on those (since there are about 8973245 different rebrandings of that) have never sounded remotley good, so there is no fair representation there. Even in practicing, you will quickly find it unbearable. The only use is to have something to smash to bits at the end of a thrash gig.

I tend to find that no matter the drum or its sound there can always be a place where it will fit even if its used very rarely. I don't know if I ever heard one of these snares before but I will take your word that its horrible. Just look at it.. lol.

$24.99 ?!?! list price was $149.00 .it makes you wonder how much mark up is on some of theses items. but heck if, its not a user friendly drum to tune i'd still rock it.. i'm a pretty good tuner and i wouldn't mind adding this to my arsenal of snares.

heres a wood one for $1 more

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Savage-Wood-Snare-Drum-459558-i1432709.gc

I looked at that wood snare, and I don't know if it is a optical illusion, but those tension rods look like they enter the lugs at an extreme angle.

I looked at that wood snare, and I don't know if it is a optical illusion, but those tension rods look like they enter the lugs at an extreme angle.

It looks like that is the case, but the lug itself is angled on either side, so the lugs are still going in straight, but not parallel to the drum.

Whatever weird thing they have going on, I'd really love to try one out.

And for $25, you truly CAN'T go wrong.

I love good quality Snare Drums and i own some of them.

But i know that with some patience and tuning, you bring every drum to a decent good sound. For recording anyway, no problem....even without changing heads or strings.

Bernhard

Surprisingly yes it does.

Either this guy is fooling us all and actually was recording a much more expensive snare, or this snare really does sound pretty nice. And on a flat recording too... wow. I guess I stand corrected.

Either this guy is fooling us all and actually was recording a much more expensive snare, or this snare really does sound pretty nice. And on a flat recording too... wow. I guess I stand corrected.

There is always the possibility of dishonesty. I'm curious to know if it's really the drum.

I agree. I do not believe that a company would sell a decent snare for that price. It has to be crap.

Now days, any $30 drum can sound like any $3,000 drum when run through a $300 sound engineering program.

Hows that saying go? "You get what you pay for" yeah I think that's it.

Yeh i agree it may be cheap as chips BUT i wouldn't risk it even for £30 but if it turns out ok well great !!

well i went ahead and ordered it just to see what it was all about. i'll post a review when it comes in. i ordered a 16" sabian AAXtreme crash so i could get the free chinese and i also got a $10 rebate on my order so they(musicians friend) took extra off on the drum so it was a killer deal. if it sucks i'll return it,if not then i came out a bandit

Back