Lesson From Jared at Drumeo-Fool In The Rain

Bruce M. Thomson

Gold Member
I have been looking at several different video lessons concerning the half time shuffle, mostly from Modern Drummer and all very good. This was sent to me and it is specificly looking at the Bonham shuffle. I know there are many Bonham devotees on this site so I though it would be a good idea to post this for the members who are in the process of working on it..including me.

http://drumeoedge.com/fool-in-the-rain/

Thanks for sharing! I'm about halfway through the vid...it's pretty darned informative.

Popcorn ready?
Jared is invited to come over and participate in this discussion ;-)

Jared gets a bad rap from too many

he is a good teacher and a fine player and we are lucky to have him in the drumming community

anyone with the passion for drumming that he has is ok in my book

so he doesn't have the groove and soul of Steve Jordan......not many do

so he cannot swing very well..... neither can Neil Peart

the dude does his thing and is making a living doing it...

thanks for sharing the vid.....it was nice to revisit that groove.....it had been a while

I enjoyed it

Jared gets a bad rap from too many

he is a good teacher and a fine player and we are lucky to have him in the drumming community

anyone with the passion for drumming that he has is ok in my book

so he doesn't have the groove and soul of Steve Jordan......not many do

so he cannot swing very well..... neither can Neil Peart

the dude does his thing and is making a living doing it...

thanks for sharing the vid.....it was nice to revisit that groove.....it had been a while

I enjoyed it

The issue I have is his conduct on this forum a few years ago. A few things were said about his alleged plagiarism and then he came over here with his goons and *%&^ all over the forum. My views haven't changed.

The issue I have is his conduct on this forum a few years ago. A few things were said about his alleged plagiarism and then he came over here with his goons and *%&^ all over the forum. My views haven't changed.

wasn't aware of any of it

Jared has goons ?.......and they bumrushed the forums?

such badasses

hahahhahhaha

Jared has his ups and downs. This was an up.

I am bummed he didn't cover the break where he blows the whistle. I can never really get it right.

Thanks for the link. I had seen some of his other videos and was impressed by his attitude. Seemed pretty humble in the videos, and the free lessons I saw were clear enough that I played them for my 11 y/o son.
I did search using Jared Falk, but couldn't find any threads that fit the description of board bashing. Will look some more.

BFY, maybe time to let bygones be bygones?

I respect that there may have been problems in the past, but let's also think that "others", have been given second chances, (whether or not they have taken the hint is not for now). It was a good clip, and let us leave it at that?

Back