Gigs.....

SquadLeader

Gold Member
....Galore over the next few weeks.

Is that the greatest feeling in the world or what (aside from obvious 'great' things outside music of course) ?

Did gigging opportunities suddenly appear? What triggered them?

Been booked for a while...just quite a few have cropped up all within the space of a few weeks after a fairly long period of hibernation. Although the one this evening was a short notice slot in to replace a band whose bassist busted his arm. We're due to play at the same venue in May also but the owner likes us. Paid to and free beer. Impossible to complain about that.

Love playing out. Only reason I play an instrument personally.

Been booked for a while...just quite a few have cropped up all within the space of a few weeks after a fairly long period of hibernation. Although the one this evening was a short notice slot in to replace a band whose bassist busted his arm. We're due to play at the same venue in May also but the owner likes us. Paid to and free beer. Impossible to complain about that.

Love playing out. Only reason I play an instrument personally.

Gotta love it when free beer is on offer! I do love gigging out although tearing down is the worst especially when the party is still raging on. We often joke in our band that if we could just rock up and play then party straight after, not having to worry about gear, we would pretty much do it for free.

Gotta love it when free beer is on offer! I do love gigging out although tearing down is the worst especially when the party is still raging on. We often joke in our band that if we could just rock up and play then party straight after, not having to worry about gear, we would pretty much do it for free.

Yeah...drummer bears the weight to in that regard.

Worth it though.

Nice one, I envy you. We have gigs coming to us but cant do them,yet, due to problems with vocalists. What is it with vocalists, we have got through 4 in the last 3 months and keep having to start again with another.

First guy was not learning the songs, at all, so had to go. Second, a woman with a good voice, did a great audition and agreed to join the band, then her husband decided it was not a good idea??? Third singer had a fantastic voice, a bit like Jos Stone, did the audition, then missed a week, did two more practices with another missed week between, then decided she had health problems that needed attention so packed. Fourth, another woman and ex pro singer, loved the audition, suggested a few more songs, did one more practice the didnt turn up for two weeks sending mesages when we were already set up and waiting.

What is it with singers? Perhaps we need to change our collective deodorant?

You lucky duck, SL.

I wouldn't know whether having gigs galore booked is the greatest feeling in music, because quite frankly I'd be happy with one or two!

Good work, chicken - enjoy!

Nice one, I envy you. We have gigs coming to us but cant do them,yet, due to problems with vocalists. What is it with vocalists, we have got through 4 in the last 3 months and keep having to start again with another.

First guy was not learning the songs, at all, so had to go. Second, a woman with a good voice, did a great audition and agreed to join the band, then her husband decided it was not a good idea??? Third singer had a fantastic voice, a bit like Jos Stone, did the audition, then missed a week, did two more practices with another missed week between, then decided she had health problems that needed attention so packed. Fourth, another woman and ex pro singer, loved the audition, suggested a few more songs, did one more practice the didnt turn up for two weeks sending mesages when we were already set up and waiting.

What is it with singers? Perhaps we need to change our collective deodorant?

Been there and done that...

Gold dust finding a decent one with commitment and a good attitude.

We are working on a small east coast tour in late summer. Haven't toured since I was in my early 20's so I am pretty stoked about that. Although at our collective age and income I don't think we will be sleeping in parking lots or on random strangers couches. Either way it should be cool to go out and play every night for a couple of weeks. Definitely cool to have shows lined up.

Back