My Drums (show shots)

D

drumfreak1987

Hey guys,

my drums aren's set up right now, and the only photos of them were taken at shows-lol. Gretsch Catalina Jazz shell pack (12x8, 14x14, 18x14) 14x5.5 Gretsch Full Range 10 ply maple snare, Pearl 13'' steel add-on timbale, large LP mambo bell, Zildjian cymbals: 13'' A Mastersound bottom on top, 13'' K top on bottom, 20'' K Ride, 18'' A Custom Fast Crash, 10'' A Custom Splash. Dig!

Attachments

• Playin'.jpg
    Playin'.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 528
  • Playin' 2.jpg
    Playin' 2.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 493
  • Playin' 3.jpg
    Playin' 3.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 490
oh and these, some of my faves:

Attachments

• Playin' 4.jpg
    Playin' 4.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 480
  • payin' 5.jpg
    payin' 5.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 475
Nice! Is that considered a be-bop type kit, or is it a original vintage kit? Guess I should have read your post first. Duh!

Duh duh lol. I wish I had a vintage kit, but it's just a "new" set. i bought it new during my junior year of high school back in 2005, with money saved doing history and english tutoring and homework for jocks...no pass no play really helped me get some non taxable income!!!

I love white marine pearl. I see you're going to rewrap it? I'd rethink that. They look great on stage.

Sweet set up, bet it sounds as good as it looks!

I love white marine pearl. I see you're going to rewrap it? I'd rethink that. They look great on stage.

Thanks guys!! I remember setting up one night, the drummers from the other bands were laughing at my "junior" kit, and the lack of double bass, tons of toms, and an array cymbals. I told them, "just be near the stage when I do the soundcheck." I get up there, and I hear the sound engineer speak into my monitor, "Hit the kick for me." BOOM! and the other dudes jumped! After balancing the mix, the sound guy said, "Okay, play around." I did a fast groove with lots of rim shots on snare and timbale, 32nd sixlets from the timbale to the floor tom, with some 32nd note bursts from the kick between tom strikes, followed by some samba patterns with pitch bending fills and cracking rimshots on the toms (I tune the drums medium tight with single ply coated heads, so i can get the various tones like you do a snare). I wowed them, they thought i had a bigger kit than i really did. You just gotta tune to get the most tones, you can save money hauling a 12 piece, and really improve your technique to get various sounds from them!

Back