Renown Maple Satin Black

NUTHA JASON

Senior Administrator
i have just taken the plunge and bought this rather gorgeous kit. Will be here soon then i will put up pics. but here is the promo pick i fell in love with. i have always liked satin finishes - less cleaning, and black is classy. my first pro kit years ago was a black tama. but this is my first 24 inch bass - hmmm will it have 'frudge'? 24x16 13x9 16x16.
now i can't wait....
GretschRenownMaple-SatinBlack.jpg

Last edited:
Oooooohhh.......aaaaahhhhhh!!

Nice Nutha. My kinda sizes too. I honestly didn't realise the Renowns came in those specs, but I note some huge expansions to the range now that I look. I'm really gonna have to start paying more attention to the Gretsch website.

Can't wait to see the real thing.

Enjoy 'em.

That is one gorgeous drumset, man. Gretsch sound, maple shells, diecast hoops and perfect sizes.

Congratulations.

I recently bought the snare that goes with that kit. Nice plunge Nutha.

thanks guys i've been playing my little pearl for 6 years but she has been looking shabby of late and i've been snapping her lugs (i hit really hard). i'm tired of replaci9ng them and i needed a seachange. plus i want a bass drum that will blow the audience's hair back. i was considering a tama superstar hyperdrive but i wanted a BIG narrow bass drum.
i've been researching like crazy and this kit had the right price, sizes and zero complaints. i have been plahying pearl kits for 12 years now - still love them but i want to try something new.
Should arrive on wednesday.
how will i sleep til then??
j

Nice! I like "flat" black drums. Even better with black hardware! It'd cost a bit extra, but you should consider bringing the hardware to your local powder coating shop... I'd love to have a kit like this!

MG_1644.jpg

Back