Which way do your snares go, and why ?

neilpscuz

Just wondering which way your snares go, ( left to right, or straight out from you ), and why ?

I have always had mine left to right, merely out of habit.

I like to lay mine out right in the middle of an established game trail. You can also look for dens or pathways to water-sources.

???...

I never had this kind of problem, my snares don't go anywhere, they stay beneath my snare drum, where they belong...

This is a funny forum sometimes, the kind of things we're asked sometimes is very strange to say the least.

this is similar to the which way is your Throw Off thread. interesting read.

for the record mine is still at 3:00.

Mine is from 12:00-6:00 with the throw-off in an easily reachable position between my legs. I don't like having the throwoff near my knees.

Mine have always been around 9'o clock. When I got my new Pork Pie Acrylic, the throw-off was on the right around 4 o' clock. (in relation to drum badge/logo).

That didn't last very long after repeatedly knocking my knee on it while playing the bass drum.

I always have mine @ 2:00, with 12:00 being pointing away from me. I don't like it any other way. At between 4:00 through 7:00 it feels wrong.

My snare throw is at about 9:30. It allows me as a right hander to continue to ride the hats or ride cymbal and throw offthe snares if needed. As someone who is also interested in astronomy I have found that putting them at exactly 9:00 tends to affect the phases of the moon in an adverse way.

Last edited:
Always at 8 o'clock - kind of diagonal-ish
It's easiest to operate there with my left hand- either while playing,or not.

N

Last edited:
Pretty much diagnonally.

Why? Because it puts the throw off where I like it.......roughly 7 to 8 o'clock

Same here. I've always had my throw off on the left side. I am right-handed, so it allows me to continue to ride, while controlling the throw off between beats.

I just put the head logo lined up with the snare's badge... I think the throw off ends up on the left depending on 8 or 10 lugs but honestly I don't know. I've never had problems flipping snares on and off.

I like to lay mine out right in the middle of an established game trail. You can also look for dens or pathways to water-sources.

To be sure you've got to stay down wind. Those guitar players can be quite cunning and rascally.

Back