Unix Bubinga kit (yes! another one)

Unix

Silver Member
Toms:
12x10, 14x12, 16x14, 18x16. All with double 45's. 12 and 14 in DSS suspension mounts, 16 and 18 in DSS cradles.

Bass:
20x18. 45-roundovers on both sides. Spurs are the Danmar "clip-on" type.

What is so cool about that kit is that it's not something you will see in a music store. It's custom work at his best. Definetly different then what we usually see.

Enjoy.

P.S. Vinnie you are next

Attachments

• Boss_Bones 1.jpg
    Boss_Bones 1.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 377
  • Boss_Bones 2.jpg
    Boss_Bones 2.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 374
  • Boss_Bones 3.jpg
    Boss_Bones 3.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 373
  • Boss_Bones 4.jpg
    Boss_Bones 4.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 369
  • Boss_Bones 5.jpg
    Boss_Bones 5.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 366
  • Boss_Bones 6.jpg
    Boss_Bones 6.jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 359
  • Boss_Bones 7.jpg
    Boss_Bones 7.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 355
  • Boss_Bones 8.jpg
    Boss_Bones 8.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 345
I'm speechless. That is by far some of your best work. I don't know what to say.

If only the tom mounts were made of bubinga.

I love it.
Stunning.

I can't imagine what it sounds like.

I'de image the resonance of bubinga + stave resonance must be like a 5 minutes ring eh?
Haha

I guess I need to start saving some cash. Only problem with those rims, I would beat them to death. They would need to be a little shallower.

That's such amazing craftsmanship. I would love just a third of that kit.

What heads are those?

Now that's a beauty, Frank! The owner of this kit has superb taste, I must say! ;)

Have you tried building Ayotte-style "hide-a-hoops", where the rims of the heads are "hidden" beneath the wood hoop? I like that look much better, personally. It makes the drum look seamless and smooth.

Very cool, regardless...a real work of art!

Outstanding again Francois! Your work is just gorgeous, everything I`ve seen till now was candy in my eyes. Unfortunatly I just roughly know what a kit built by you sounds like. :)

Mh and this particular one reminds me of a DeathMetalConga set-up a lot...

Karl

I'm not very fond of the proportions of the kit, but that's the buyer's preference. As for the craftsmanship: awesome. As usual.
One day, I will buy a kit from you. I hope.

Outstanding again Francois! Your work is just gorgeous, everything I`ve seen till now was candy in my eyes. Unfortunatly I just roughly know what a kit built by you sounds like. :)

Karl

unixdrums.com
You will here loud and clear on the first page a solo made with a Unix drum.

Karl

HA! Yes, this is like the big brother of my kit - big drums all around here. Someone is going to be very, very happy soon. The rims look cool but I wonder what it is like to play high rims like that and how they would last.

HA! Yes, this is like the big brother of my kit - big drums all around here. Someone is going to be very, very happy soon. The rims look cool but I wonder what it is like to play high rims like that and how they would last.

They're bubinga...I bet your sticks would break much sooner than your rims.

Back