Hello, I'm new here.

CharlieMingus

Ive only been playing afew weeks and this is my kit. I'm all about jazz any advice would be nice. thanks

Attachments

• 111120130227_195813_HDR.jpg
    111120130227_195813_HDR.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 510
Nice small set-up. Converted floor tom bass. I would think by looking that your hi-hat is way too low. seems like it would be hard to hit the edge of the cymbals. unless you play it with your left. a lot of good jazz threads on here to search.

Thanks. Really thats higher than where I've had it. Had to move it higher out the way of the jam block. I'm thinking about buying a better ride but at the moment its just extravagance ha.

Could you do me a favor? Could you change your user name? It's just that Mingus is, you know....

Nah, I'm kidding.

Hello, I'm new here, welcome, I would suggest going on youtube and watching all the great jazz drummers. Nice small kit you have there, you may want to eventually get a ride tom and possibly a new ride cymbal.

Welcome to our madness, glad to have you!

Can you suggest a decent ride. I've been thinking about a Paiste 101 to go with the hi hats. It'll have to be a 20inch so it doesn't hang over the tom too much.

Welcome to the forum dude, I liking the kit, I was really confused at why there was so my space between the hats and bass drum then I realized it was a tom haha.

There's tons of good info on jazz on here, YouTube some jazz drummers too.

As for a decent ride, if your looking at the 101 then I'm assuming you don't have a big budget, I personally liked my solar ride even though it was cheap, Id say keep with the solar and save up to get a nice ride for jazz. Cymbals don't always have to match brand/line wise, sonic-ally they should fit together and have a sound you like.

Back