As a DrummerGirl

Chante Drummer

I want to you know how many girls drummers are in this room? I started at the age of 6 years old started discovering my gift of drums. its been great so far and im enjoying ii with a passion.i have been playing a big events such as CT DRUMSHED the only girl drummer and gospel concerts which made me today where i am. This is a God given talent that was place in me since i was a baby already. But i need advice from you guys out there would you support my music one day?Will you be one of my fans when i become famous? I would love your opinion on it?.

I'm also a girl drummer, although I started MUCH later in life than you...I was 43 when I started and that was just about 2.5 years ago so I'm not anywhere near your level. For me it's mostly a hobby. There are several of us here, but no where near the number of male drummers.

As for support, with this group I think you'll find that we don't care much whether you're male or female, we mainly respect the talent and the drive. If you love drumming then youre in the right place. I have found no one here who would reject a drummer just because they are female.

Welcome aboard and I look forward to hearing more from you.

You will probably find that most of the drummers on here respect talent, not fame. Anyway good luck with your drumming and keep enjoying the journey.

I'm not going to bring religion into my answer, I'll hold back on that for once.

I would say that gender is absolutely irrelevant in my perception of musical achievement and skill. If somebody makes music that I enjoy, it doesn't matter if they're male or female. Most of the music I listen to is produced by men but that is simply a matter of genre-gender ratio.

I can't say whether I'd be a fan if you were to produce music professionally. If it's something I appreciate and find aesthetic value in, then I'd support it. If it's not, then I won't. Male or female.

I'm an older woman drummer, with about 2.5 years' experience. I haven't yet come across anybody who had a problem with my gender - especially here. Nobody here cares who or what I am! If I don't play well, it isn't because I'm female. If I do play well, it isn't because I'm female either. I'm a drummer, that's all.

However, well done to you for your achievements, and I hope you go on to even bigger and better things :)

Like Madge I'm an older woman drummer (except older).

Cannot gauge how the music scene thinks of me because my music tastes have always been fringe. As our bacterial friend suggested, most musos operate on merit - if they like your playing then you're in.

Of course not everyone is equally evolved ...

I don't care if you're male, female, black, white, brown, yellow, deaf, dumb, blind (think I heard that in a song once), 1 armed or 3 armed. If you can play, you can play and if you play stuff I like I'd support it.

What I won't support is being asked for support without having an example of what I'm being asked to support (make sense).

To ask for support just because your a girl, well..............not from me.

Why should we? That would be sexist of us, right?

(..though I'm guessing this post may just be a bunch of b.s...)

If you suck at playing drums, I won't like your music. If you're good, I will probably like it. Gender has nothing to do with it.

On this forum you don't have to be famous. Just ask Bermuda. We will be your fan anyway

Last edited:
Will you be one of my fans when i become famous?

What a strange question.

If I were you, I wouldn't concern myself with who my potential fans may be one day, but rather just being the best drummer you can possibly be.

Welcome to the forum. First things first, OK? You're moving kind of fast. Putting the cart before the horse. Let's deal with what's going on right now, and we'll cross that bridge when we get there OK?

Back