Wanna hear my Pearl Vision's

2underpar

Silver Member
Disclaimer: No fancy microphones. Just the one on my Samsung camera.

Setup: Pearl Vision VX 10 & 12 rack, 14 & 16 floor, 22 kick. EC2 360's on the toms. EMAD 2 on the kick. I have a matching 8" tom but it's on the shelf.
Sensitone Steel snare w/ a coated Ambassador.

Cymbals: Zildjian 21" Sweet ride, 16" & 17" A Custom Crash's, Avedis China Lo 18", Saluda Nemesis 14" hats.

I would classify my skill level as a drumming Enthusiast. Played in a group as a young lad, sold everything when I joined the service except my sticks and a practice pad.

Fast forward a few years: I purchased a few World Drums which rekindled my love for drumming, which lead to spending more $$$.

Current day: I have a basement full of drums, cymbals and hardware. Get together with a few musicians my age for jam sessions. And have been know to play my Djembe in front of an audience.

I love the tone of these Visions. I just wanted to show them off a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8I0oo1ShKA&feature=player_detailpage

Let me know what you think. I can take the criticism. I plan on buying a mic set but haven't yet.

Yeah, not bad at all. Your comment "which led to spending more $$$", made me chuckle. It's like it never goes away, there's always more stuff to buy. I feel what you're going through, I know exactly what you mean.

Yeah, not bad at all. Your comment "which led to spending more $$$", made me chuckle. It's like it never goes away, there's always more stuff to buy. I feel what you're going through, I know exactly what you mean.

Thanks! The main reason I set the camera up in the first place was to capture the sound of that China. I had just purchased it used that morning. I had one before that I hated but must say I really like this one. I think it found a permanent home.

Sounding good, & some obvious pride of ownership too :)

You hit the nail on the head. I do like these Pearls a lot. You can see the Silver Sparkle Super Classic's in the background of the video. Honestly I play those more than anything else. But that doesn't take anything away from these Pearls. Those toms are music to my ears.

Last edited:
Back