Bass Riff to add a drum track to - I'm the X-Judge

Davo-London

Gold Member
Anyone want to play along to this bass line and record and post it. Just for fun.

Obviously I get to choose the winner. Extra marks to anyone who knows where I stole this bass-line from?

It's me playing bass so I hope I don't get any grief.

Peace
Davo

Attachments

• Take 1 no mic.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 95
Got a version with a click I can line up with this one for recording purposes?
I'll take a shot at it if you do.

Fox.

I'd love to try this, but currently I have no way to mix my drumming with the bass file.

If I get that part figured out, I'll be sure to post my weak efforts.

OK good points.

I recorded the bass track in Logic and so if any other format is better just say and I should be able to provide that.

It was recorded against a 110 bpm click, but there was no separate click track. I'll see if I can sort this later. Although it kind of spoils the fun of keeping tempo with a random bassist ie me.

Davo

It was recorded against a 110 bpm click, but there was no separate click track. I'll see if I can sort this later. Although it kind of spoils the fun of keeping tempo with a random bassist ie me.

Davo

The pulse is pretty clear, but if I wanted to play something whacky it might get tough if I have to keep up with a riff as well instead of a straight click track.

Fox.

My 7 year old would crush a double bass pattern over that. This is a great idea and there should be more posts like this. I am on vacation but will try to get him going on one when we get back. Me too.

Anyone kow how to post a video from photo bucket? Not tying to hijack but I like this idea.

When you click on post reply, you need to scroll down and look for manage attachments.

Click on that and it will give you an opportunity to select/browse for a file.

Upload the video and hey presto!

Cheers
Davo

Back