1970's Chrome-O-Vistalites! Now 50inches of kick!

Evilbagua

Silver Member
I scored a 70's chrome-o-vistalite kit today in decent shape. Shells are in great shape finish is a lil scratched and dinged, but I don't care Ended up getting it super cheap! The finish matches my Maple kit. I am beyond stoked.

Sizes of my current kit are as follows-
22x14 Chrome Vista kick
12x8? 13x9? 16x16 Chrome Vista toms
28x16 Keller Maple kick
14x12 and 18x18 Keller maple toms
Snare is the old workhorse 14x8 Pearl Vinnie Paul

I always wanted a double bass set and now that my 28 has a matching finish 22 I think it not only looks but sound amazing I'm gunna drop a double pedal back on the 28 sometime. I need to get a more modern mounting arm for the two vista racks as they just cant get close with the old rusty 70's one I had to adjust with a wrench! It appears I have gone to the dark side as I now own a 22 inch kick. It brings my kick family to 22,24,26, and 28 :) Any head recommendations for Vistas would be appreciated. The toms have Hydros and the kick has a PS3 which sounds awesomely deep.

Grabbed two quick pics you can't see the 14 16 18 floor tom party really. I'll post more later for sure!

Attachments

• newkit.jpg
    newkit.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 828
  • newkit1.jpg
    newkit1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 815
It's so funny how small the 22" looks in comparison!!!

My Lord, that snare is DEEEEEEEEEp! I want it:)

HUge looking kit man....congrats....

Anychance we could hear some recordings of that kick and snare??

How do your neighbors like you now?
hahaha

It's so funny how small the 22" looks in comparison!!!

My Lord, that snare is DEEEEEEEEEp! I want it:)

HUge looking kit man....congrats....

Anychance we could hear some recordings of that kick and snare??

How do your neighbors like you now?
hahaha

Pretty sure my neighbors are just scared of me :). I am recording in September but unsure what kit to use. I might just use a ported 80's Tama Imperialstar 24". I dunno how well the unported 28" would sound. Also if you think that snare is deep I swapped VP out for a 14x12 marcher lol.

Back