I had to have it!

Beautiful drums Pete! Love the finish, dig the satin hardware, and I like the shallower floor toms as well. Hopefully I'll be able to see/hear them in action some time!

PeteN - That is a great kit! That is one of my favorite veneers - and those drums will sound really nice... Congrats on getting a kit with a 7x10 and 8x12 - no 9x12 - amazing :D

The shallower floor toms will not necessarily sustain less than square floor toms - they can actually sustain more - FAST toms are set up to have the air movement and shell vibration to match up for max resonance... I had a Collectors 11x14 that sounded huge - tuned down lower than my old 16x16 Slingy... Also, cool that you have legs on those toms too...

Absolutely GORGEOUS kit!!! And I think the brushed nickel looks much better on the darker stained natural finish. And I think black nickel is gorgeous on the lighter natural stains. IMO the hardware (darker to lighter and vice versa) brings out both.

^^^ + 1 On this: dark hardware over light finish and the contrary look absolutely stunning. That kit looks wonderful!! Congrats on the deal, I bet those floor toms sound so punchy!! Short, fat toms for the win. I second the plea for more photos ASAP!

Beautiful kit. I like everything about it. Very unique finish is sure to turn heads. Congrats, and enjoy it!

Great kit, sounds like an awesome price too! You will like the 13x16, it's very fat and solid sounding with enough sustain to satisfy, but not a sustain that gets in the way of other things.

Have fun!!

Wow...thanks everyone. I thought I might have more dislikes on the finish but looks like we have similar tastes :)

Head recommendations?? I usually use emperor or G2 clear heads on my kits, I'm guessing that will be a good route. Your thoughts and suggestions are welcomed!

I've got clear Emperors on my DWs and they sound great!! Warm and punchy :) not too familiar with other heads (I tend not to experiment much once I find "my" sound) so I can't be much more help, thats my 0.02 c :) Emperors for the win!!

Cheers

I might keep the stock heads on for now but I'm assuming the emperors or g2 will be a nice improvement over the stock heads?

Great drums, I like the colour scheme. I'd use clear emperors or g2s as I think these drums sound good with a bit more attack than you get with stock heads (which are ugly too). Enjoy them.

I might keep the stock heads on for now but I'm assuming the emperors or g2 will be a nice improvement over the stock heads?

Rule #1 with a beautiful new dw kit - lose the heads ASAP. I use coated G2's on top, clear G1's bottom. I don't like the sound/feel of the pillow in the kick, I use an Evans EQ and leave the reso unported - just the right amount of sustain and lots of projection...

LOVE that finish. Those are truly drums for life. Plus one on the clear g2's tuned JAW but one ply coated tuned up a bit also sounds great. I also have Collectors floor toms in the same sizes with legs and they sing beautifully:).

Drums should be here tomorrow!!!!!! I'm so excited - unfortunately I won't be able to check them out and set them up till Sunday.

I'm so glad you guys love the finish as much as I do.

Sunday I will hit GC and get some G2's and G1's or ambassadors for resos

I've heard played some collectors in the past that had EC2's on them and the toms sounded excellent with those as well but G2' should be perfect.

Oh my!!!!!!

The tone from these drums is unreal, stock heads still and I'm amazed!

The cleanest sounding drums I have, I'm so happy.

I have the tension on my toms up more than usual and they still have a low deep tone to them yet feel just right.

Stunning. Love the finish though the hardware color with this finish would have to grow on me. My 6-piece Collectors Series exotic finish cost me over 5 large a couple years ago and I thought I got a good price (all things being relative with DW of course). Yeah, you did really well on the deal. Congrats.

Back