Retrosonic! Beautiful In Every Way!

I'd love to pick up one of these. But I'd be terrified to gig with it. Its so pretty
Buddy, buddy, buddy! You don't gig with one of these beautiful things. You set it up at home and play it softly, and lovingly. :)

Beautiful kit, nice the kick depth is reduced to 16" 'deep, fair price, 20 kits allocated for the USA, rumor is they are all sold.

Beautiful kit, and it sounds terrific. Wish they would tune those things up a little! I'd love to hear them at a higher tuning.

Those honestly sound amazing, I was totally fooled by my laptop speakers and 360p at first.
Then I plugged in my best pair of headphones and 1080p'ed it, holy crap those babies sound awesome!

Also, the finish is seriously beautiful.

Those honestly sound amazing, I was totally fooled by my laptop speakers and 360p at first.
Then I plugged in my best pair of headphones and 1080p'ed it, holy crap those babies sound awesome!

Also, the finish is seriously beautiful.
I want it just for those beautiful lugs!

+1 for the Retrosonic. I've had one for about a year, love the sound. Doubt I'll ever replace it.

Pure walnut shells? Did I get that right? Also surprised that the shells are so thick... 8.1mm? That's Pearl Masters thick. Though I don't see what makes these "retro."

But I love those lugs, wow, the full length lug with the tapered tube is elegant. Absolutely beautiful.

Not chunky at all. That reviewer really doesnt know what he's writing. And when he says there's no dampening on the bass at all, but then later says that the head is a PS3...

Sticks, if you get one, I challenge you to not set up more than one pair of hats and 2 other cymbals around it.

A home run for Mapex. VERY cool kit.

If the few pics I've seen coming out of NAMM are any indication, there's going to be tons of great stuff for us this year.

Pure walnut shells? Did I get that right? Also surprised that the shells are so thick... 8.1mm? That's Pearl Masters thick. Though I don't see what makes these "retro."

But I love those lugs, wow, the full length lug with the tapered tube is elegant. Absolutely beautiful.

Not chunky at all. That reviewer really doesnt know what he's writing. And when he says there's no dampening on the bass at all, but then later says that the head is a PS3...

Sticks, if you get one, I challenge you to not set up more than one pair of hats and 2 other cymbals around it.
It's a deal. I will even practice my jazz on it. :)

And when he says there's no dampening on the bass at all, but then later says that the head is a PS3...

Yeah, it's a conundrum that one........"I don't dampen but I'm running EMADS front and back."
I guess these days I just take "no dampening" to mean no dampening that was added after the fact, i.e pillows, ,foam, blankets, felt, towels, moongel, tape etc etc.

Great kit Sticks.....and to think, it wasn't all that long ago I'd walk past a Mapex kit and not even know the thing was there.......I was way too busy zeroing in on the Luddy's. I didn't know and really didn't want to know, so it would seem. All your free advertising has opened my eyes to them......that's gotta be worth an 8" tom on its own, I would have thought. ;-)

Great kit Sticks.....and to think, it wasn't all that long ago I'd walk past a Mapex kit and not even know the thing was there.......I was way too busy zeroing in on the Luddy's. I didn't know and really didn't want to know, so it would seem. All your free advertising has opened my eyes to them......that's gotta be worth an 8" tom on its own, I would have thought. ;-)

Here's Caddywumpus' before and after story:

"Mapex? Mapex who? Oh, like that crappy drum set I played at that one church..." ----> Sticks4Drums ----> "Man, I gotta buy me a Mapex kit. And some snares. They're AWESOME!"

Yeah, it's a conundrum that one........"I don't dampen but I'm running EMADS front and back."
I guess these days I just take "no dampening" to mean no dampening that was added after the fact, i.e pillows, ,foam, blankets, felt, towels, moongel, tape etc etc.

Hey buddy. I don't tell people about them because I am looking for something in return. I think I found something really cool that people are over looking. I have a pretty good ear and eye for stuff. Just glad to share my findings. :)

Here's Caddywumpus' before and after story:

"Mapex? Mapex who? Oh, like that crappy drum set I played at that one church..." ----> Sticks4Drums ----> "Man, I gotta buy me a Mapex kit. And some snares. They're AWESOME!"

True that. Mapex and PDP are two brands I would not have bothered to walked across the showroom floor to even look at. All we need now is a someone to vehemently spruik the merits of PDP and who knows.....maybe it is possible to teach an old(er!!) dog a new trick?!?! :)

I have a pretty good ear and eye for stuff.

Well........I guess since you have just sprung for a Black Beauty, I can accept that. ;-)

Back