2 new snares: Pork Pie and Black Beauty!

aparker2005

Well I lucked out and got 2 awesome, awesome snares over the past few weeks. A 14x6.5" Ludwig Black Beauty Supraphonic Snare, and a 14x6.5" Pork Pie Maple/Rosewood/Zebrawood. Both sound phenomenal and I am pretty much covered on everything. Just wanted to share. Not much else to say other than they're just amazing. Selling my Mapex Black Panther Slegehammer snare if anyone is interested :D

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,432
  • bb2.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,436
  • pp.jpg
    pp.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,554
  • pp2.jpg
    pp2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,507
I saw Bill Detamore post this wood drum finish a short time ago. I was very curious. How does it sound besides amazing?

You copied my snare, snare stand, pedals and hi hat stand.

You'll be hearing from my lawyer.

Congrats on the Black Beauty

Kidding..Congrats on both of them.Enjoy.

Steve B

Last edited:
I have the 7x13 version of that pork pie, and agree it sounds amazing. I had accidentally ordered a 6.5x 14 also , but managed to cancel it before it shipped.

Hi there! I want to ask something about that 13x7 PorkPie Zebrawood Maple snare. I'm looking to buy it but saw few posts on the Internet about "cheap" hardware and problem with tunning rods (it detunes a lot, more than usual),
so can you please tell me if that's true? I play metal music, hard hitter, a lots of rimshots, but if it detunes a lot than i won't buy it. Also like high tunning, so if hardware is that "cheap" i'm affraid it could break? I mean the lugs.
So any advice would help :)

P.S. I also saw that youtube video and it sounds incredible.

None of pork pie snares detune or are "cheap". Even their little squealer lines are great. This was one of the best d snares I had. Want to eventually get another. You'll love it!

None of pork pie snares detune or are "cheap". Even their little squealer lines are great. This was one of the best d snares I had. Want to eventually get another. You'll love it!

Ok then, that's what i wanted to hear! I meant "cheap" hardware because that's what i've red on few forums online. Thanks for the reply.

Congrats! Now first thing is first, take off the damn rubber gaskets off and put tube lugs on that thing! Sounds so much better!

Congrats! Now first thing is first, take off the damn rubber gaskets off and put tube lugs on that thing! Sounds so much better!

IMHO.. BB's should either be supraphonic (triple flanged/imperial) or classic (tube lugs, single flanged). The middle ground looks strange to me, like an automobile with a single mismatched color panel or a Prius with white-walled tires.

Very nice. I have the "poor man's BB" - the Pork Pie BOB snare. If I wanted a wood snare that Pork Pie one you just got is the one I had my eye on too. It does sound and look very nice from the videos I've seen.

On a side note, those white lug locks you got on the snares - does anyone know if they make them for bass drums too?

Back