Pearl Ultracast

Bob Smith

UCA-1465B-lrg.jpg

so what are your thoughts on this snare i don't have one but it looks like the next good investment for me

got it and love it, very loud, strong, and deep sounding. Tune it high for a tight powerful crack or low for a woody sensitive sound. I have yamaha aluminum die cast hoops on mine right now and sounds amazing... if you have the money i would go for the noble & cooley alloy classic, but this is a great alternative.

Got one of these myself. I absolutly love it. I did replace the heads however. Remo CS Reverse power dot on the batter side and an Aquarian Snare side. Its now my favorite recording drum and live its a killer!

Mike

Got the 6½ and i really love it, so sensitive, and a very wide tuning range. i use evans g2 coated and 300 hazy. A very open sound, but thats how i like it. it s got to ring!

You cant go wrong with this snare, its a very wise investment.

cimg1616te7.jpg

My drum teacher has one...
And i like it...
But it does have a ring to it...which my teacher likes but i dont...
So i usually slap some moongel on it during a lesson so it just has a nice solid sound
Only problem is the price
Over in the UK its like £450...which is alot of money for a snare...
When i got my Black Panther for £220 and i prefer it in all honesty
But it depends what sound you are going for
Certianly a good snare though
Works very well with remo coated pinstripe heads

so what are your thoughts on this snare i don't have one but it looks like the next good investment for me

How much of an inve$tment?

I've had one for about a year now. A recommendation from someone who already had one that use to have a N&C. I love this snare. Very versatile. You can put a thick or 2-ply head on it and nothing can touch its phat tone. Put a pair of wood hoops (Yamaha) on it and an Evans Genera Dry (with the floating film collar ripped out) will give you monstrous crack, killer rim clicks, and minimal overtone ring....no need for tape, Moon gel, or (God forbid) a tone ring. Since buying the 6.5" Ultracast, I rarely use my DW Edge, Craviotto, CF Rocket snare, or my Black Beauty. Also, unlike my other snares, It'll take a beating.
One thing to note: Drum heads that have a tight fit over the shell will mar its finish over time. Before putting on a drum head, put a layer of clear packing tape between the hoop and the shell.
Recently, I have been thinking about getting the Tama SLP G-Bubinga snare. Sounds better that its more expensive sister, the Warlord Masai Bubinga ($200+ cheaper). Has the crack of my Craviotto (and DW Edge) but has a fatter tone. Check it out.... CHEERS!

Back