Letting minor mistakes get to me... (drum solo on TV)

I think you did well. I noticed a few minor timing issues, but nothing that your typical viewer would catch.

Sounded good to me. Hey you're a television star. You should put the whole thing up, so we can see, mistakes and all.

Echo calls for the whole clip! Hey, if you're happy for the TV audience to see it, why not your fellow drumming brothers?

That aside, I didn't notice anything the audience would pick up on. It sounded really good, except for the fact your facial expressions drew attention to something you weren't happy with.

Echo calls for the whole clip! Hey, if you're happy for the TV audience to see it, why not your fellow drumming brothers?

That aside, I didn't notice anything the audience would pick up on. It sounded really good, except for the fact your facial expressions drew attention to something you weren't happy with.

I agree with all of this and add... I just make crazy faces the entire time I'm playing so no one would notice if I made a face because I made a mistake.

Hey I completely understand if NerfLad doesn't want to show the whole thing. It's incredibly un-nerving to be critiqued by your peers.

Plus, just knowing that a camera is recording the performance also makes people (including me) very nervous. I don't know about the rest of you, but if I have external stimuli like that floating around in my brain while I'm playing I tend to really suck - at least in my own opinion.

That, however, doesn't mean I don't want to see the whole thing. :)

Thanks for the responses. I looked back through the footage and liked one of the tunes enough to share but I'm in the process of moving so that will happen at a later date, perhaps in another thread.

Thanks again,

Eric

I was expecting to see and hear a stunted performance by virtue of your self-deprecating comments. Not at all. You did fine. Like everyone said, nothing the average listener would catch. That fifth fill was cool. I keep humming that riff, too. Great riff to comp with.

Back