Before I just jump in & do this ------

I'd just like to announce / rant that I've spent all fekkin' day trying to set up the necessary platforms / apps / links to make this the competition experience I want it to be. I am so ill equipped to do this it's untrue. Frustrating doesn't begin to describe this process for me. Things crashing, codes not working, links failing, spending hours setting up a landing page for voting & entries only to find they're going to charge me $200 for the pleasure of letting me use their app!!! Grrrrr. I've been 1" from throwing in the towel more times than I can recall, so you'd all better get involved & make me feel slightly better about loosing several days of my life!!!
Wow, that sucks! I know it, and I hate it!

Hi Andy,

I'm going to give this my best shot. I've not had the pleasure of trying a Guru yet, but this is too tempting to pass up. I've downloaded the track, and will begin working on it straight away.

Thanks for your effort in this.

Best,
Jonathan
I'm transferring comments to the competition thread now, & letting this die.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123575

Thanks! Hateful indeed :( Please do me a favour, can you go to the competition thread I've just opened, click the competition link, & tell me what you think?

Cheers, Andy.

p.s. I hope you're going to enter :)

I think you did a great job! Very minor things I thought:
-It's a lot of text, maybe a short and informative overview would have been helpful? It is clear though.
-The "like" popup didn't work on my computer, it said something about blocked site when I pressed "like", but maybe it's my firefox preferences...?
-At the bottom of the page it says
"It is essential that you visit the competition page on our website to download the play along sound files & read the full competition conditions before"
but isn't that what I've just done when I got there?

I hope for thousands of entries! And yes, I'm gonna enter too, I haven't heard the track yet but I'm positive :).

Back